Subject Author Posted Replies

Aerostar Head Gasket Replacement
No way to remove body parts to make clearance. It IS possible to replace the heads without removing the engine: Remove right front seat 2.Remove anti-skid brake module from under dash, leave wires...
16
16

What is wrong with Store Clerks?
I went to a Dollar Store and bought the following: 1 box of crackers 2 candy bars 1 quart of motor oil 1 pack of 4 AA batteries 1 one liter bottle of soda 1 pack of cold cuts 2 average cans of canned...
54
54

Got two heel problems with some ill-fitting new shoes
I did something stupid. I bought a pair of beguilingly cheap and good looki ng shoes on ebay from China. They look in real life as good as online! Howe ver, they fit TERRIBLY! The seller said to buy...
5
5

Driving ground rods
Any suggestions for hammer drills, rotary hammers and so on to use for driving ground rods? I see there are SDS Plus and SDS Max versions. Interchangeable bits? I've been using a pipe welded into a...
23
23

Happy Easter / Happy Wester
Happy Easter / Happy Wester For those of you in the Eastern hemisphere, Happy Easter! For those of you in the Western hemisphere, Happy Wester! May the appropriate Bunny (Easter Bunny or Wester Bunny)...
1
1

Made in France?
I bought a new item and the company is Trudeau. On the bottom of the package, it says "Fabrique en Chine". I'm thinking Chine is a little town in France that has local skilled craftsmen making quality...
15
15

96 Aerostar hood liner fire
I'm stumped with this one. What do you fellers think could have cause a spark? No damage. I'm not taking a chance in my shade tree skills with this one, but have to use the car tomorrow around town...
34
34

Quart of Drain Oil down my pants leg - How to clean?
I was just changing the differential oil in my tractor (90W gear lube). When I picked up the drain pan, I tripped and poured about a quart down my pants leg, and on to my boots. What a f---ing...
9
9

How does the Easter Bunny boil and dye all those eggs?
The Easter Bunny delivers dyed eggs to at least half the homes in North America, as well as other parts of the world. That's many billions of eggs. Every egg must be boiled and then dyed, and after...
7
7

OT Cleaning glasses
Just trying to tap the genius of the smart people here. What do you use to clean your glasses? Handkerchief? Paper towels? Maybe paper towels with a little added dish detergent? The commercial glasses...
22
22

Salvage shower head?
My shower head is pretty much stopped up. Likely my hard well water. With the head off I seem to get ample water flow. Can I salvage it or is it not worth the trouble? Maybe some Lime Away or HCL...
21
21

Can a self-cleaning over generate carbon monoxide?
Can a self-cleaning over generate carbon monoxide? I run my self-cleaning electric oven about once a year, for the last 3 years. It gets really hot to burn off the dirt. Takes about 3 hours iirc....
7
7

OT. Popular vehicles by state.
Map here: Ford has no excuse to go broke. http://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Cars.png
1
1

Will sea levels really rise if the glaciers melt?
I'll let you know if there ever is any.
46
46

Mixing concrete by hand.
I am thinking of getting a concrete mixer at Lowes and mixing sand, cement, and gravel a section at a time for a driveway apron. I know a typically ra tio is one bucket cement, 2 buckets sand, 3...
14
14