Subject Author Posted Replies

Majco GC-550 gas fireplace
Friend of mine recently purchased a house with a gas fireplace. Per the unit label it is a Majco GC-550. Appears this might also be marketed as Vermont Castings, Majestic Products, or Ambient. I've...
1
1

strange mattress
A couple days ago in the trash I saw a mattress, thinner than usual, maybe for a sofa bed (because it had a metal handle at the bottom end), maybe queen size, split down the middle at the top 18 or so...
1
1

Looking for ideas to put handle on battery charger
I picked up a smaller 10A battery charger at an auction for $2. It was labelled "DONT WORK". I could see one of the wires on the AC power cord was not even inside the plug. Also it was missing one of...
13
13

OT - Oh, Gimme A Brake
My daughter is home from college for Thanksgiving. She pulls in the driveway last night and says "Hi Dad!" (hug hug) "I think the car needs brakes, could you look at them this weekend?" So while the...
15
15

brass or copper on recepticals
I noticed that instead of the old paper or plastic keepers on the duplex recepticals now one end has a brass or copper item to keep the screw with it on one end. What is the reson for that ?
26
26

OT/ Garage Sale Score!
$10 in better than "good" condition...no charger or battery. I took it to a hardware store to try it with a battery...so I know it is worth investing about $85 for a battery and charger on eBay!...
46
46

This Gadget Can Tell What’s Wrong with Your Air C onditioner by Listening to It
If you?ve ever tried to diagnose a car problem just by listening to it run, you?ve got a sense of what a startup called Augury is doing. Only instead of having human ears pay attention, it?s analyzing...
7
7

More cellar photos
Got a chance between storms ... so I laid some more block . Coming along , just not as quickly as hoped . http://s991.photobucket.com/user/Snag_one/library/House%20build/kitchen
17
17

I'm thankful for (since it's nearly thanksgiving)
I'm thankful to not live in a HOA. I can put up a flagpole, or paint my shutters without a permit. I'm thankful for international commerce, so I can buy tools, deck screws, etc. Which make it possible...

What I learned about California bottle recycling CRV (tax) today
Here's what I learned about California bottle recycling CRV (tax) today and I'm not sure what newsgroup to tell about this. You pay for 5 things when you buy a bottle of "whatever": 1. The contents...
4
4

Sensor blinks for motion but no light two days later it works
My sensor blinks to detect motion but light does not come on then a couple of days later the system works for awhile then it quits again
1
1

Wiring for Replacement of Robertshaw 300-208 by Honeywell RTH8500D
Hi. I have a heat pump and an electric heat system and I am trying to replace my old thermostat (Robertshaw 300-208) with a Honeywell RTH8500D. The original wiring setup on the Robertshaw 300-208 was...
13
13

Light bulbs
We've been moving from using the incandescent light bulbs to using LED bulbs over the last few months. I was wondering if the socket says to use a 60W bulb, can I replace it with an LED bulb that is...
60
60

OT - The Great Thanksgiving Hoax
Date: Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:20 PM The Great Thanksgiving Hoax - Mises Institute The Great Thanksgiving Hoax By Richard J. Maybury Each year at this time school children all over America are...
8
8

OT - Stormin, git yur gun
NYC radio says ISIS on the roadways of upper New York state.
69
69