Subject Author Posted Replies

Etiquette question:
A guy pulled up to my neighbor's house in a pickup truck. There is a refrigerator and dolly in the bed. He's standing around looking like he needs help. What's the best thing for me to do...close my...
31
31

"Nose Wheel" for Boat Dolly?
How about some pipe fitted into the intended holes -- but, swept forward (to the balance point) to a cross member on which the beach wheels are actually mounted? A risk, here, is the stresses that...
4
4

Meter Location (was Residential Electricity)
Not practical when you have a city block of 25 houses in a row. Philadelphia had thousands of houses like that. most with meters in the back though.
31
31

two car garage
34 Unbelievable Construction Fails That Actually Happened… #27 Probably Got Fired. | LifeBuzz 34 Unbelievable Construction Fails That Actually Happened… #27 Probably Got Fired. | LifeBuzz 34...
6
6

Philo's book -- Coffee Ennui
Thank you so much, of course I've been doing this for 60 years and I'm now starting to get the hang of it!
9
9

Small roof leak
I'd wait for blue tarps and duct tape to go on sale at Harbor Freight.
10
10

bye-bye land line telephone
[snip] Neither, actually. We had the traditional POTS - no VOIP, Cable, etc. We found that we RARELY got any calls on the land line. They all went to the cellular phones. We simply told AT&T to take a...
107
107

Maytag Washing Machine leaks on fill cycle
1980s vintage Maytag washing machine, not much use given the age. On the fill cycle, water on the floor. The hose seem ok, but there is some sort of an air gap in line between the solenoid valve and...
3
3

Pops rockin
Time for a geritol break.... Get more original videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTy1S1RbWswqNMSjAj6NAig Thanks for Your support! Pensioner celebrating his 70th birthday. Sound recorded:...
4
4

What's up with M$ ?
This is dubious; it tries to make your XP system look like it is running XPe. The two are NOT the same. MS could easily (intentionally or unintentionally) push an XPe patch that screws up something on...
74
74

OT: Garage/Moving Sale "Gems"!
Lervad (Denmark) Woodworking bench- $25 Bosch (Germany) 4X24 Belt sander- $6 Delta (Taiwan) Miter Saw- $10 The folks were moving out-of-state (to FL) and taking the new (or better) stuff with them....
5
5

your experience with referral services
I've debated whether to sign up with Angie's List and/or Home Advisor as a contractor, but have no idea whether it would be useful. I'm curious to hear about anyone's experience, as a contractor or as...
9
9

Residential electricity
Does the public utility's responsibility end at: * the electric meter * the main breaker in the electric panel box * the individual branch circuit breakers in the panel box.
38
38

Adding a vent in steamy bathroom, are there replacement skylight windows with a built in vent?
Hi, a bathroom in my house with high ceilings gets steamy and tends to get mildew. It has a skylight but opening/closing it everyday would be a pain. What it needs is a vent, as the other bathrooms...
2
2

Lawn mower help needed
Check to make sure the push-rods haven't worn down or the tips broken off. I've seen this on more than one Briggs and Stratton motor.
24
24