Philo's book -- Coffee Ennui

My copy of Coffee Ennui arrived today. Glad I bought it. The book is a pleasant combination of family album, street photography, local history, friends and relatives.

The collection of photos spans a couple of generations and are accompanied by a short story and a lifetime of memories. The characters in the book are duplications of some in our own family albums. Uncle Sid is there, Crazy Aunt Jane's neighbor is there, and a little bit of you is there.

It's an easy fun read, especially if your own memory goes back to the

50s and 60s.

Also posted on Amazon

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I am just plain floored by your wonderful review. Thank you so very much!

My whole life is in that book and several hundred hours of my wife's hard work :)

Reply to
philo

You're welcome. You did a good job of capturing the essence of the scene, the soul of the people.Taking photos is easy, capturing the feeling is a talent.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thank you so much, of course I've been doing this for 60 years and I'm now starting to get the hang of it!

Reply to
philo

Call Google and get your name bumped up in the search results. The top hit when searching for Coffee Ennui is to a photo and music blog that is not yours. Confusing to say the least. Only by knowing you through this ng did I know that I must be in the wrong place.

Even searching Goolge for Amazon Coffee Ennui does not lead us to your hard-worked project. Only once you get to Amazon and search for Coffee Ennui do you get an option for "Coffee Ennui in Books".

We need to get you to the top of the hit list! ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Thank you for the feed back, I really appreciate it!

I try to tell people to just search for it on Amazon Books and that works...but I really want to sell directly as a large number of people also want a signed copy.

I do not mind making a trip to the post office and since I make a bit more money selling direct, I don't bother charing extra for postage. (gmail addy philo565)

Now, as to calling Google and asking them to bump my name up on their search...right off hand I don't have their number. Should I just call Bill Gates or Mark Zukerberg and ask one of them for Google's phone number :)

Reply to
philo

Don't worry. Google just read your post and in a few minutes they'll be sending a text to your smartphone asking you to review your own book as well as suggesting a few other books that you might be interested in. They'll probably include a few camera buying options as well. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

HA!

I am scheduling a book signing event...posted it on Facebook and emailed everyone I know who is not on Facebook.

One person (on a newsgroup) asked me if I was spamming.

My truthful replay was that my invitation said that purchasing a book was optional, but there will be free beer!

Although free beer is always a good thing, it's doubly good here in Milwaukee.

I don't seem to be getting any complaints and as long as I have enough beer, there probably won't be any :)

Reply to
philo

All I got was an envelope with the book in it. No free beer. Will that come later? Will the beer be cold when it gets here?

The book was good but the free beer makes it even better. Let me know when it will be here so I can order a pizza.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you come to Milwaukee, I'll buy you a beer.

I once tried to give a party without serving beer... that did not work out so well.

Reply to
philo