Subject Author Posted Replies

Re-laying rubber tiles (made from recycled tires).
I have a irregularly-shaped exterior patio slab. On the slab are 18" square Envirotile rubber tiles (made from recycled tires). The width and length of the slab is not divisible by 18 so partial tiles...
3
3

(OT) Earwax removal
Seems I have been having an earwax problem lately. In all my years, I would just take a Qtip and clean them out, but this time it's not working. Maybe I got water in my ear from swimming??? Either...
31
31

Are Poulan chainsaws made by Husqvarna
A local guy who rebuilds and sells used chainsaws and other small engine devices, told me that Poulan chainsaws are made by Husqvarna. While this is possible, I never heard it before and wonder if...
4
4

Meteor Shower tonight
I'm taking a break from the repairing. Supposed to be twice as many as normal. The story is that the best time is after midnight, after the moon goes down. Best way is to lie flat on a lawn chair with...
6
6

Major difference in floor heights ... how to fix?
+1 x 100 And what does the contractor say now? I'd be asking him how he plans to solve it, what he was thinking. +1 What did he do with the door? Cut it short? And as others have said, an...
10
10

Clarification question - remove problematic Zurn Wilkins 975XL backflow prevention valve
On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 07:27:56 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D." wrote in Looks good.
32
32

seat belt just overlapped; rear woofer
Follow-up on seat-belt. Yes, it was just folded over. But I can't figure out how it happened. I can easily image something happening to the belt outside of the car body to make it fold over, but the...
4
4

Getting voltage through a flexible conduit
Very confusing, because first you say the outlet box is plastic and then you say you're having problems with the metal box. Also you don't typically see metal conduit mixed in with plastic boxes. But...
7
7

Looking for accurate outdoor thermomet
I'd like to get an accurate outdoor thermometer. Brand? Local supplier in my small city unlikely. Perhaps Amazon. Or open to other suppliers. Someone told me Fischer but can't find much on line. TIA
10
10

Attempting Android setup perfection - I ask your suggestions for improvement
I am attempting Android setup perfection - therefore I ask for your suggestions for improvement... As an experiment, today I reset my ancient S3 not-rooted Android phone to factory defaults, and...
31
31

Carrier Infiniti thermostat
I have 2 carrier heat pump systems with Infiniti thermostats. The problem with the one thermostat is that if there is a power stoppage the thermostat defaults to the opposite system. That is, if it is...
6
6

AC Unit Advice
Looking to install a new AC unit. 2.5Ton outdoor unit with a 3Ton indoor coil Maratherm for around $2,200 or a comfortmaker for around $3,000 Any advice?

refrigerator not cooling
Side by side Whirlpool refrigerator is cooling only to 58 degrees when set to lowest setting. Serviceman replaced diffuser, but that did not remedy the problem. Freezer side is working fine. Any...
7
7

OT: KENW FM radio
KENW on Google Play Store You probably won't like this radio station, so I advise you don't install this app, especially if you don't like news, history, science, local events about New Mexico,...

(OT) A look into the future - "The final 2016 election results"
The final election results after the last vote is counted this November. (see photo) WE'VE ALL BEEN HAD !!!!!!!!...