Subject Author Posted Replies

Shop Light Delayed Turn On
Sorry to wander off topic, but is that quote yours? If not, can you provide attribution? I like it!
34
34

any window air conditioners with "sleeves" still made?
That is actually cheap in the scheme of things. Back in 1968 i bought a 16,000 Btu AC in a sleeve. I paid $205 back then, but with inflation, today that would be $1500. That was more than I was making...
14
14

single band resistor??
Any signs from the traces on the board that it's in series with the current leads? It may be some proprietary high precision, low ohm resistance to generate a voltage to measure the current?
11
11

Win XP & 7 -- technically "home repair"
I say technically because any time I need to escape doing any home repairs, I slip into the special brain center where all the latest 15-year old computers and software are buzzing away. Anyways.......
12
12

OT. 797 Cat truck
Interesting, but I believe it. Probably cuts down on the tobacco juice stains on the seats as well.
3
3

Brain-eating amoeba found in Louisiana drinking water again
Nothing for you to worry about, B.
2
2

OT: Bernie Madoff, Just heard on the radio
I don't think any investor thought it was a scam either. Many were told my friends how much money they were making, They just thought he was an investment wizard, who could predict accurately what...
7
7

Cut Tub Surround for Shower Valve Repair?
Alas, my bathtub backs up against my shower. When I first moved in when someone took a shower in the bathtub, it dripped down into the dining room. Several of my neighbors with houses built by the...
12
12

Tankless natural gas water heater
Big factor for me is with a tank you have hot water during power outages that lasts at least a day, if you use it reasonably. You could even take a couple of very quick showers if necessary. And with...
13
13

nordyne m1mc 056a bw furnace
blowing transformers when i turn on ac. replaced the control board ,thermostat and wire what could be the problem
1
1

Chopping Down Own Trees Nets L.I. Man $22,500 In Village Fines
NE shithole Chopping Down Own Trees Nets L.I. Man $22,500 In Village Fines The homeowner says the trees were a danger to his family and property, but local officials say he didn't go through proper...
2
2

tick that survived a New Jersey winter
It probably rode on the backside of an illegal alien.
1
1

Do they make paint stirrers for 5 gallon buckets?
The stirrer may be bigger but it's still meant for paint (and a "variety" of other materials) You don't? What a fuddy duddy! I have no experience with this, but would warming the buckets 20 or 30...
9
9

OT: Budget deficit widens 23% Oct through May, 66% larger in May alone
U.S. Budget Deficit Widens 23% October Through May on Weak Revenue Growth Federal budget deficit was $146.80 billion in May, 66% wider than same mont h a year earlier By Sarah Chaney Updated June 12,...
9
9

Cannot Remove Shower Valve Seat
The seat is the type that takes the square end wrench. Said wrench is L-shaped. I stripped the side the wrench fits into. An easy-out screw extractor seems to get a good grip, but I am afraid of doing...