Subject Author Posted Replies

Losing a leg
He is in Cedars-Sinai so it's not like it's the Hooterville Hospital and Veterinary Clinic.
19
19

Why did drainpipes used to have a box on the wall?
Why did drainpipes used to have a box on the wall, some sort of overflow if blocked? See link below for an example photo. Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
99
99

Does it count as DIY?
Is that allowed, or would you have to prove that it was actually preventing something? What about 'idling and the pollution? I had a mate offer me to take his Merc out for a run yesterday. I...
14
14

Bow and arrow
I've not shot a bow for years but could never come close on this. Timing is everything
1
1

How many gallons of water for average bath tub filling?
Good idea, but when a house is on a well, it is impossible to calculate using your projection. And yes there are houses still on wells - and prefer it to city or county water systems.
2
2

Why do power drills have R and L?
Most? I wish. Have one of my apprentices for a day. Feel free to dry bum fuck him but please do not ask him to perform a simple work related task.
345
345

Recommendations for brand of leaf blower gutter cleaner attachment combination
The best reviews I can find for leaf blowers like the Toro Powerjet, and it's available in my area. But the also highly rated Toro gutter cleaning attachment doesn't fit it. I've tried homemade...
10
10

On Topic: washer won't drain or spin
Yes, you are.
18
18

Outdoor shower & PEX
The pex can certainly break if it has water in it when it freezes. BTDT.
15
15

OT Wahl razor problem
Dean Hoffman wrote in news:r7cpkp$c06$ Didn't think of that! I'll give it a try. Perhaps I can put more pressure on the button that way.
14
14

Are all new A-coils twice as high
Are all new A-coils twice as high as 40 years ago? I need new AC. The AC guy today said that A-coils are now twice as tall as they were, for greater efficiency. Is that true of all of them, all of the...

Does my ground rod need replacing?
Well, it might not be too difficult to dig down a foot or two next to the rod to inspect it that far. You can always add another rod next to the first one, and many people have several rods. The more...
29
29

how does a memory foam mattress work
how does a memory foam mattress work "Memory foam works by becoming soft enough to mould around a person or body shape. This happens when the high-density, low-resilience polyurethane foam reacts to...
6
6

MC/AC flex screw on connectors
On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 21:48:39 -0400, Clare Snyder > wrote: MC gets the break because there is a bushing built into the listed MC connector and there is a mylar wrap around the conductors. I still like...
4
4

Brand new furnace
Brand new furnace Tempstar heating and cooling-Heating Input (MBTUH):120,000 Efficiency Range AFUE Upflow/Hz:92.1% Efficiency Range AFUE Downflow:92.1% Cooling Capacity CFM range @ .5 in. w.c. (125...