MC/AC flex screw on connectors

If I use a screw on connectors, do I still need to try and use a plastic bushing ?

Are these good connectors ? Do u secure the connector any other way than just screwing it on ? Clamp the outside ?

Is another type preferred ?

Reply to
sidwelle

When using metallic sheathed armored cable you ALWAYS use an anti-short bushing -the little red plastic doohickey

Reply to
Clare Snyder

OTOH the code not require the bushing on MC cable if used with an MC connector, even though they throw a handful in a box of Mc.

Reply to
gfretwell

Not required by code but still part of "best practices" Don't let the inspector catch you without it around here. He might not fail you, but you are likely to get at least a "living dangerously today?" or "feeling lucky?"from a few I know.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

MC gets the break because there is a bushing built into the listed MC connector and there is a mylar wrap around the conductors. I still like seeing the red head but I can't require it.

Reply to
gfretwell