Subject Author Posted Replies

Consequences of a 1% death rate
In on Thu, 16 Jul 2020 05:24:11 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 snipped-for-privacy@"It". There are many things called junk food. Some have no relation to heart disease. Of those that do, they are a factor ....
13

Trimming Plane
Thanks, that helps, there's a Re-Store in Manville, NJ. Looks like a half hour from here and I see an email address.
30
30

Need help finding a mailbox
I have looked at the Amazon listings for these previously. I came to the conclusion: maybe. Without actually seeing it, I am very unsure that it will install and fit properly. Quite expensive for a...
5
5

How to displace water that wont drain out of rain gutters
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 09:13:42 -0400, Wade Garrett wrote: Big + 1. That would make a great maxim on coffee mugs & T-shirts & such. ... maybe even AHR's motto ! :-) John T.
23
23

Ground Subsidence
The house was built on this suburban lot about 60 years ago. The subsidence has been very slow. In fact it is a not an uncommon occurrence. Concrete driveways sometimes subside and there are companies...
11
11

Need advice on electrical outlet replacement (cat pee)
I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I really feel like I have some advice to offer you - and you seemed to really need it at the time One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to...
1
1

1/2" Preformed Heater Hose?
On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 18:12:28 -0500, Vic Smith wrote: That has worked for me too.
14
14

power for a future project
we have a shed in the back yard that has power run to it for lights and outlets and we're getting ready to build a ground-level floating deck next to the shed. we also have plans to build a water...
3
3

Gardner Bender
Gardner Bender does not sell replacement blades for its GS-394 wire strippers.
1
1

Survivorship bias
Of course, it makes sense. Making war planes safer
1
1

Where do you buy all-brass on/off garden hose shut-off valves?
Where do you buy all-brass on/off garden hose shut-off valves? <>I need about a dozen tip-of-the-garden-hose shutoff valves, where I used to buy all-brass valves at Home Depot after having given up on...
2
2

OT: What is the point in a tracker you take out of your car?
I thought of that, but surely that's the job of the RF chip in the key? > Brian
2
2

Click LVT in the basement ...
As far as "liquid nails," I've used the caulking tube version for many years for various things and never seen a fail. It's a very good product and I consider it a permanent fix. Good test was on...
3
3

OT: Why are printers constantly redesigned with no improvements?
Every time I buy a new printer, it's changed. New stupid quirks, different ink cartridges. But not faster, not better quality, nothing useful. There was no need to make it different.
56
56