Click LVT in the basement ...

We are going to install LVT Click in a basement. Looks like it should be easy to install. Store was trying to sell us underlayment, talked to some experts and they stated that if its a quality LVT you wont need it. Store also wanted us to use to glue for the stairs at $50 gallon x2. I ask if we could just purchase a case of liquid nails for a fraction of the cost.

Anyone have experience installing LVT ? Thanks

Reply to
sidwelle

I have installed planking, but not vinyl. I'd definitely use a barrier over a basement floor. Cheap insurance from moisture problems. The "experts" you talked to do not know the conditions of you basement and potential moisture problems.

I don't know how well liquid nails sticks to vinyl compared to the $50 adhesive. Sometimes the cheaper way turns out to be the most expensive. They have about 25+ products so be sure to get one that works.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The store ask me to tape down a vinyl trash-bag to the floor and leave it for 24 - 48 hours. Pulled it up, no moisture. We have a retention pond in the backyard that has a tin culvert that keeps the water level about 25' below the basement floor. So we have no hydraulic pressure pushing water into the basement. What was recommended was a vapor barrier only underlayment.

Thanks

Reply to
sidwelle

As far as "liquid nails," I've used the caulking tube version for many years for various things and never seen a fail. It's a very good product and I consider it a permanent fix.

Good test was on shiny ceramic bathroom tile in the shower. I stuck a towel bar in there with it, let it dry a few days and it's a permanent part of the wall, even many years later.

Reply to
Gary