Subject Author Posted Replies

Home aircon repair
Which is the best site for deatiled info on fixing your home aircon. Got some problems here! :(
7
7

Pella windows not warrrented w/EIFS
------------------------------------- I have new construction and have a concern with PELLA windows. In the fine print it says"PELLA products "should not" (in bold letters) be used in a barrier...
2
2

Pellet stove air intake
They recommend pulling air from outside for combustion instead of room air. Doesn't it take more energy to heat zero air than 70 degree air? The dryer doesn't make a vacuum in the house why...
33
33

Whole house surge protector wiring question
I'm helping a friend of mine who wants to install a Panamax GPP8005 whole house surge protector, which gets mounted next to the main panel. The instruction say it can be connected to the main...
5
5

Useless web sites
Ever try to find pellet stove and pellet stove piping on the web. What a bunch of useless piece of shit system this is. YOu can't find shit, click on links and all you get is more shit if anything...
14
14

Vertex water heater source?
Thinking of replacing my old tank with a vertex, which now qualifies for FED tax credit on cost of unit 30% Wierdly a local installer quoted me on the phone $2,200 installed but on line pricing for...
10
10

How to build a raised garden
I live in Michigan and want to construct a raised garden in only location in yard where I get enough sun. this will be about 500 sq ft area. Need to raise because of poor drainage. I picked up some...
12
12

Bamboo flooring glue down to concrete slab
I am getting ready to install 5/8" bamboo flooring down to a concrete slab and have hit a stumbling block. I removed my wonderfully cheap linoleum and found a crack in the slab that appears to allow...
3
3

dryer vent to gas meter spaceing
I need to relocate my daughter's electric clothes drier from the front to the back of the basement to install a washroom where the laundry in now. The current dryer vent will become the bathroom...
5
5

I hate plumbing
If something goes wrong with electrical, the breaker snaps off and I find the problem and fix it. If something goes wrong with plumbing there is liquid everywhere, causing more problems before you can...
4
4

Repair of old aluminum windows
I have a home that I am trying to get ready to sell. It has single pane aluminum windows. I have not spent much time with them yet, but there seems to be some plastic parts that are broken, part of...
3
3

HELP: Protection for exposed exterior wood
I live in northern California, in the Central Valley. I have a long exterior wall with a southern exposure that gets INTENSE summer sun and the brunt of winter rain and fog. My exterior siding is...
1
1

Video inspection of sewer lines
I have a sewer line that has been clogging up several times over the past 6 weeks or so, and I would like to be able to figure out exactly what's going on. I know one option is to pay someone to...
37
37

How do they do this
There's some pretty smart people in this newsgroup. Maybe someone can clear up this puzzler; CSX ( railroad ) has been running TV ads that claim; "We can move one ton of freight 486 miles on ONE...
14
14

vinyl cove base
i need some vinyl cove base for a small section of my garage. the color is not important, but what is there is torn up and moldy and has become dangerous b/c it's on a step. I need it to be 8...