dryer vent to gas meter spaceing

I need to relocate my daughter's electric clothes drier from the front to the back of the basement to install a washroom where the laundry in now. The current dryer vent will become the bathroom exhaust vent, and I need to vent the dryer out the back. Only problem is the only spot that is anywhere near accessible is right next to the gas meter. Is there a code issue with placing the vent for an electric dryer closer than X feet from a natural gas meter/regulator?

Anyone know FOR SURE if there is or is not a problem???

Reply to
clare

What did the building inspector say when you called him? My permission won't hold up in court if there is a violation.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Call building inspector assuming your getting permits etc.

Or just install a new vent they arent hard if it needs relocated someday.

I wouldnt have the exhaust blowing on the meter etc

Reply to
bob haller

Before I retired, I worked in the printing plant of an Ontario gas utility and we produced many manuals of gas codes and safe practices which I often read to proof read. I cannot remember this issue being addressed, but I would not allow the vent to blow onto the meter or regulator. As it is remotely possible for the electric dryer to be changed to a gas dryer, you should have "several" feet between the exhaust vent and the meter/regulator. The exact number of feet I do not recall.

Reply to
EXT

Your gas utility.

RicodJour

There is a specific number of feet of separation between the vent for a heat producing appliance and the gas pressure relief valve discharge in the National Fuel Gas Code in the US so surely you can find what the equivalent document is for your province of Canada. The same document has a required separation between the gas pressure relief valve discharge and any building opening such as windows doors and vents.

-- Tom Horne

Reply to
Tom Horne