Subject Author Posted Replies

A Noisy Whirlpool in Window A/C
It' got into the 90s today here, and I decided to turn on my Whirlpool a/c, model acq062mm, and enjoy it in one room. It was doing fine pushing out cold air, but the fan kept getting louder. The...
9
9

dualsaw
Anybody out there bought and used the new dualsaw? Billy Maze really really turns me off, but it does look like a pretty cool saw. I also realize that they can make lots of things look better than it...
9
9

Gorilla tape: Good as it claims?
Is the Gorilla duct tape as good as it claims?
10
10

How2 use sink sprayer as shower nozzle?
I want to buy a sink sprayer and hook it to the pipe coming out of bathroom wall for the shower I want to use this fir taking Navy showers where you soap up, use the sink sprayer and when you let it...
9
9

How to install screen door?
I install a couple of these when I was in my teens/20s at my parent's house. I remember it being a pain, but I got it done and it worked. Now, 30 years later, I need to install a wooden screen...
4
4

Toothpaste in drain
I'll buy that. My father still believed in toothpast, back in 1954, but he said you didn't need the whole length of the bristle area, like all the tv commercials show it. Just the width was plenty....
4
4

Air Conditioner cycles off after 3 to 5 minutes---need troubleshooting help
I have a 20-year old Frigidaire through the wall air conditioner. When first turned on it does a great cooling job. A digital thermometer right at the outlet is showing 40=B0F. After three to five...
32
32

Re-Stain or Replace my Wood Deck
My deck needs to be re-stained.. I'm trying to decide whether or not to re-stain it or just replace it. There are places on the deck that have some "give" when I step on them. What is the best way...
4
4

* Large tiles in shower??
Hello there; I am redoing my shower, I replaced the walls with hardibacker board (vapor barrier as well) and now I'm ready to tile. I noticed that most showers use small tiles but I would like to...
15
15

Soap Scum Removal ????
I have a problem with soap scum all over the shower doors. Part of the problem is from the rotten well water here which when combined with the soap gets hard as a rock. I've tried every useless...
32
32

Gotta Start Killing Squirrels -- Hate To Do It
Personally planted 1,000 trees during the 60s-70s, and had 300 of them cut down with stumps ground 2005-6. The trees that were cut were chipped and the shavings shoveled via bulldozers but kept on the...
9
9

[SOLVED] B&D lawnmower. How to remove blade from electric lawnmower?
Black & Decker lawnmower. How to remove blade from electric lawnmower? Model MM525 which is very much like the MM575. Is there a simple, or complicated, way to keep the motor shaft from turning, when...
41
41

Electric conduit question
Running 3 #10's (stranded) in 1-1/2" PVC conduit. Total run 75 feet. Does code allow me to have a splice within the conduit? Seems like it is kind of accessible since I can easily pull it from...
4
4

Painting garage wall - how protect plants?
I've been delaying repainting garage wall because plants grow right up to the wall. Nabe painter suggested I slide plastic sheeting down behind the plants. Tried it, but clumsy and difficult for...
5
5

Lowboy furnace vs Highboy
I'm about to replace my 30?yr old oil/air furnace. I have plenty of room in the basement, but I just saw a brand new lowboy on Craigslist that could save me $500. Why *don't* I want to do...
1
1