I decided to remove the top cover portion sticking out the window. One screw
on each side of the cover near the outside wall prevented that. I enlisted
the aid of my wife. I gave her the "easy" part. Stand inside the room, and
I'd shove the unit into the room 6", and she could unloosen the two screws.
As soon as I pushed that activated an unseen wasp nest under the unit and
partly in the window frame. She suddenly was dealing with about 10 wasps.
Got stung by one, but is OK. Fortunately, the room was closed off and has a
door to the outside. I left it open and cleared the wasps out and their nest.
When I got the cover off, all I could see is mechanical devices, and lines.
A couple of electrical cables. No fan. It was in the well sealed compartment
ahead of this one.
Even when I had the unit loose in the window, the fan was behaving much
better. It's now hanging in place at an angle, well braced, and works just
fine in that position. Unfortunately, getting to the fan compartment is a
bigger job than I want now. Possible a label or paper got stuck peeled off.
When the sun is beating on the outside area in a few hours, I'll put it all
back in place.
Thanks to all.
(121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time)
Click to see the full signature.