Gorilla tape: Good as it claims?

Is the Gorilla duct tape as good as it claims?

Reply to
me

Yep, it's the only tape that will stick to gorillas.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I went to HD awhile back looking for some duct tape. The woman took me to the paint department, and tried to sell me the gorilla tape. Had a way of enthusiatically talking about the product.

I found my way to the HVAC area and bought a bigger roll of Nashua brand for less money. My usage of duct tape doesn't require anything beyond that.

If it did, I wouldn't be using duct tape.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Gorilla tape IS better. Much better. It has a real cloth structure, and vastly superior adhesive.

Reply to
salty

Finally!

Some real info!

Thanks!!

Reply to
me

Yes, it is a really good tape. I used it to tape a heavy gauge extension cord across the garage floor to my table saw. I figured that regular foot traffic would cause it to pull up after a while. Three years later, the tape hadn't budged - when I had to pull it up to move the saw, I had to use a heat gun/putty knife to get it off the bare concrete. Very impressive adheasive.

Reply to
Mike

I would have to agree. I bought my first roll of it a few weeks back and have been very impressed with its holding capability. It is far superior to standard duct tape and seems to adhere to anything with equal tenacity. I won't be going back to the old brands any more.

Reply to
BobR

I have a number of engineering books that are as old as 65 years but still used occasionally. Many of these books have broken or frayed spines. Gorilla tape has been used to repair these books with excellent results. Two strips of tape were used overlapping about 3/4 inch down the back. Works great and looks good. Trimmed off excess tape with scissors.

Reply to
Russell W Meredith

Good use of it that I wouldn't have thought of!

Thanks!

Reply to
me

You DO know, yes?, that the ONE thing that you should NEVER use duct-tape for is -- you guessed it! -- DUCTS!

Years ago (20?) long first-page article on just that.

David

Reply to
David Combs

^-WALL-ST-JOURNAL