Subject Author Posted Replies

Flourescent shop lights
I have a few older T8 4ft shop lights that wont light up until I turn the bulbs a bit, do I have a bad connection at the pins or am I doing something inside the light, the bulbs are old but this...
8
8

Cracks in Plaster Due to Very Cold Temperatures
I think this theory is incorrect. My GF is selling her mother's house and is reluctant to shut down the heat and drain the pipes over the winter. (We live in the Northeast.) She was told by an...
10
10

Shop tools
I saw it HERE about 3 months ago.
9
9

DO_IT_MY_SELF_GASKETS for shower with 4 foot arm
I have a 50 year old Shower with the shower head at the end of movable 4 foot arm. There are two movable joints which are leaking and spraying water everywhere except out the shower head. Replacement...
2
2

FYI: "Lights of America" LED bulbs -- Costco refunding purchase price
We got a letter from Costco today inviting us to return the "Lights of America" LED bulbs we had purchased because they do not live up to the claimed life of 20K hours. Four different SKUs are listed....
9
9

Are there many treaters?
Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls. Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a lot of candy.
34
34

Need help figuring out how to fix rot damage
I have some serious rot damage on a 4x6 beam holding up my front porch. I'm wondering how you guys would approach repairing it. It's easier to see photos than describe so I've uploaded...
16
16

Water usage
Hi, Our condo association has a Fleck 9500 twin tank water softener that is being used in the water supply for our eleven condo units. It has 1.5" input and output connections. Recently, I began to...
7
7

Electric Baseboard Thermostat
My elec. baseboard unit is barely putting out any heat. The thermostat is original to the house 30 years ago. It is a Honeywell T498A All connections at the stat are tight and voltage coming in is OK....
6
6

plumbing reroute
I am trying to reroute my upstairs bathroom pipes away from the exterior wall (actually an enclosed space behind a kneewall). They currently run in an inside (room dividing) wall until they hit the...
16
16

romex in pvc
Can romex be incased in pvc underground I say no but a friend says yes A steak is on the line...
11
11

Installing and finishing unfinished hardwood
I am about to install unfinished hardwood flooring in an apartment that I will be renting out. I went around and around trying to decide whether to go with prefinished or unfinished hardwood etc. In...
4
4

Bug Killer....What's best?
So far I have been able to keep most of the spiders/bugs out of the house. But they seem to be winning the war. I have tried sprays and granular from places like Home Depot. What is the best thing for...
9
9

Degree Days
Some of you may be interested in this. I just got an oil delivery and wanted to calculate the real difference in efficiency of my old versus new boiler. I use the mentioned web site to get the...
10
10

Requesting help for AO Smith Water Heater...
Hi, I own a condominium which uses a AO Smith Natural Gas Model FPS 40 216 Water Heater. I imagine it was installed at the time the condo was built which would be around 1989. The pilot lights fine...
8
8