DO_IT_MY_SELF_GASKETS for shower with 4 foot arm

I have a 50 year old Shower with the shower head at the end of movable

4 foot arm. There are two movable joints which are leaking and spraying water everywhere except out the shower head.

Replacement gasket sets and kits are no longer available. I want to make my own gaskets if at all possible.

But where can I find such kits? Looking for a curable cream like material which I can apply to the gasket receiver that will cure into a flexible thin gasket. Since the joints are movable, the old paper gaskets eventually did tear even when I applied grease.

Custom made gasket companies have no interest in my small problem.

Any and ALL suggestions are really needed. Dave_s

Reply to
Dave_s

You can get all sorts of gaskets at any good auto supply outfit. Also, check out RTV silicon rubber, perhaps. Good hardware stores have gasket punches, or maybe you could borrow some.

Reply to
professorpaul

Make you own gaskets from gasket paper available at auto parts stores.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE