Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas Fire Place ignitor replacement.
The ignitor on my Desa Gas Fire Place broke and I was able to get a new part. Just wondering how I would go about installing same. Seems there is still part of the ignitor switch stuck in the opening....
7
7

Old house with dog odor question
I'm considering buying an older house that has some noticeable dog odor. I assume I could get rid of it by pulling up all the carpeting, is that right? The carpeting is otherwise in good shape....
22
22

Need Advice on glue for Rubber to plastic
Hi all, I'm trying to get a rubber tire from a bicycle to stick to a piece of plastic. In short My son has a toy that he rides called a power wheels artic cat. The tires are made of hard plastic...
9
9

British Gas Websaver 4 Package
Websaver 4 a new gas package from British gas is a money saving deal on gas. http://www.britishgas-online.co.uk/british-gas-websaver4.html

Dennis the cable guy
Sadly, wasn't Lary this time. Though, he must be a hoot in real life, whoever it is that plays Larry the cable guy. I had some trouble with my cable recentl. I called for a tech to come out, and...
3
3

Wheel torque specs
This was posted on another newsgroup but is of interest for many here also your car is in the garage attached to your house, the post is ON topic....
42
42

Restoring rubber stair treads
I have rubber stair treads on my back entryway steps. They are black rubber with many ribs on each tread(very very narrow space between each rib). They are in excellent condition but although I vacuum...
22
22

furnace blowing all the heat up the chimney
I'm tired of people telling me that there's nothing wrong with my furnace. There is something wrong with my furnace. It's a 10-year-old Amana 45,000 BTU, 80% efficient unit in a 1300...
43
43

Clothes Dreyer Venting Dangers?
The hired painting crew got through doing the outside of our home a couple of days ago and while I was admiring the improved look of the place I noticed that our clothes dryer's through the wall...
3
3

Phone Line trouble after removing security system
The house that I bought had an old CPI security system that hadn't been used in years and I did not see the need for a system so the other day I was looking at the huge panel in my coat closet and...
8
8

O.T. somewhat Old Chime /Clock Door Bell Repair
I have a 55 year old door chime clock and the board has carbon arcs which is causing a short. I have seen boards with this problem before and they were repaired using some type of filler. The filler I...
16
16

Paint matching (am I expecting too much...?)
A while back I had to demo a kitchen cabinet to allow a new fridge to be moved in... I was in a time crunch and didn't have time to go to a real paint store that day so I went to That...
41
41

Garbage Disposal Advice
I'm giving it, not asking for it. Whatever you do, please, please, please remember to knock out the plug on the dishwasher inlet before hooking up the DW. SWMBO got seven kinds of bent when I...
9
9

shower stall bottom half inch crack
My shower stall has a half inch crack. It is about 8 inches from the drain. Lowe's and Home Depot has fiber glass repair kits but those are for holes, I think, not for small cracks. How do I...
4
4

Need Help with Sears 12" Lower Blade Guard retaining spring repair
All; I mistakenly took apart the lower blade guard on my Sears 12" Compound Miter Saw Model 315.212050, and the retaining spring popped out. I can't seem to get it coiled up behind the guard again...
3
3