Subject Author Posted Replies

Garage door windows/solar heat
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with a garage door with southern exposure, having or adding windows for some solar heat? Or something like the big fold up bug screens with plexi-glass (actually...
7
7

A HP case study
Sounds a lot like the latest advertising blurb from one of the big three auto makers- " Our quality is as good as Toyota and Honda" Gerry :-)} London, Canada
13
13

Fluorescent Light Fixture Question
I have a pair of recessed fluorescent light fixtures in the kitchen that I think the ballasts are going out. The lights do not come on sometimes and sometimes when it does come on it is very dim....
3
3

Tile Overlap in Shower
The patient is a shower stall, acrylic base, cement backer board, 8x10 tiles in thinset. The tiles overlap the lip of the acrylic base by 1/2"(?) and there is a 1/4" gap between the bottom row of...
5
5

Can Edison circuite (12-3) be continued as separate 12-2 regular circuits?
I have an Edison circuit with 12/3 wiring feeding a duplex outlet with one circuit and associated outlet dedicated to a basement freezer. The other outlet of the duplex pair is on the other leg and...
15
15

Refrigerator siting outside
I have a refrigerator that has been uncovered outside in rain and snow for a month and its about 20 out now, I brought it inside where its warm and wonder how long it should sit and dry out, would 24...
14
14

temperature sensors
Hi, I'm on a quest against my ugly thermostat that controls heat and A/C. Is there a solution that includes an elegant temperature sensor that sends the information to the thermostat that's hidden in...
10
10

Great Stuff on the ceiling
Hi, What's the best trick making Great Stuff stick to the bottom of the roof and not fall prior to curing? I have an area that's about 18" x 18" that needs to be covered. The bottom of the roof is...
9
9

Has anyone used Lanco Elastomeric Roof Paint ?
It is made for asphalt shingles according to the site. Has anyone used it and whats your opinion on it ? Is it high quality ?...
2
2

Rehabbing an old gas range
Hi, We have this Amana gas range which is a slide in type and it is really old looking. It is white and the burner bowls have taken a beating and I just can't clean them. I also cannot find...
7
7

Rust stain on tile
I got a new clothes washer yesterday (sweet!) and on taking the old one out, found one of the leveling legs had rusted and left a very noticeable stain on the tile. The tile is a matte finish,...
18
18

Man can ignite his faucet water, gas drilling
This is in the same town I live in where drilling for Marcellus Shale is quite the hot topic. I quite sure this video may put a wrinkle in things, if they are at fault...
14
14

Electrical help needed - valve actuators.
I have a 24 VAC transformer powering two Jandy pool valve actuators. I have both hooked up to a single pole, double throw switch. Flip the switch one way the the actuators move until limit switches...
15
15

Genie Garage door opener
Our Genie garage door opener failed to open the door all the way yesterday - it was unusually cold - I disconnected the arm from the door and the door moved up and down freely without any binding -...
1
1

Kitchen faucet leaks from base
Leaks more right after faucet is turned on, but a little all the time. I am not handy enough to remove faucet from underneath (to change gasket IF that is the problem). Right now, can't afford to call...
4
4