Subject Author Posted Replies

PHIL'S WASHER QUESTION
I have a whirlpool imperial seventy old used machine that has stopped doing the spin cycle. I can hear the motor going and it starts to spin then just peters out. Any answers? phil
2
2

Repair Furniture top.
I have a dresser with a Photo Finish on the top. It is all bubbly looking from placing a glass on it. ( really smart,wasn't it ? ) Any suggestions how i can repair it ? I don't think i can sand the...
3
3

Garage door is off track
Garage door is off track will not open or close Is this a do it yourself job or should I call a repairman?
28
28

Whirlpool washer fun
My 10 year old+ whirlpool washer went out the other day 3/4 the way through a load. would not drain and the main motor would not run. Checked it out, and the motor did not have any power. looked at...
32
32

Suspended Ceiling around an outside bullnose corner ?
How do I mount the angle bracket around an outside bullnose corner ? Can I purchase a pre-fab'ed corner that will make it look nice ? or do I need to make something ? Thanks
5
5

how long should programmable thermostat batteries last?
A white-rodgers generic cheapie that came with the new furnace 3-4 years ago, specifically. Takes AA x2. New duracells (with use-by dates several years in future) seem to go flat in 3-4 months, and...
49
49

fix one broken spanish roof tile
1930s spanish roof tiles, one broken from a tree branch or something, letting in a littl rain. Me, not entirely a newbie home repair guy, but close. Is there some halfway reasonable way to stick this...
5
5

Installing 6' stockade fencing.... An easier way??
Awl -- First, I'm not totally sure on how to do it the RIGHT way -- I've read vigorous debates on using concrete vs. sand and gravel only. Holmes did a fence job, used concrete. Then the Q of the...
3
3

garden lighting
Hi everyone, I am here for getting some information about the outdoor garden lighting.I want to purchase outdoor garden light and setup it.But I did not have more idea about it. Thanks....
7
7

Garden Shed
I have a decent-sized shed on my property, and am concerned about skunks living underneath it. It is sitting on top of cinder blocks, and some long pieces of wood. I am not sure just what type of...
23
23

Remove scratch from new laminate foolring?
I have discovered a relatively obscure 4" scratch in my new laminate flooring. Dang! Is there any was to obscure or remove this? Probably not, but I thought I would ask. Duke
4
4

Dehumidifier anti-icing switch
Whirlpool household dehumidifier, about 12 years old. Lately the evaporator has been icing up so that no water is produced. Inspected the anti-icing switch while it was iced up: the base of the switch...
28
28

mo(u)ding between tile and ceiling
Hi Folks, This is my debut here, even though I have been reading the group for a while. I am in the midst of home renovations, and as each area nears completion, there are little issues that need to...
13
13

Vent stack too short at roof
I just had a plumber help me with some remodeling. One of the items he did was swap out my old cast iron stack with a black PVC stack... well I got up on the roof today, and the darn thing is...
8
8

Best way to repair busted pipe in garage wall?
I just found the pipe leading to an outside faucet has busted. Probably due to frozen pipe in the winter. I see two ways to fix this: (1) saw off the drywall and replace the busted section. Then patch...
4
4