Subject Author Posted Replies

Basic Grounding Wire Question in Receptacle Box - Please Help.
Hi. I'm replacing an old switch for a ceiling fan that only had 2 wires; a black and a white. The new switch has 3 wires, a black, white and a green grounding wire. The wire coming into the receptacle...
28
28

diminished water pressure after repair
Dirt/debris in the line????
5
5

Air Conditioner Breaker trips
I've read several of the posts about tripping breakers. Most deal with something close to what i'm experiencing but not quite. I have a 5 year old split system with 5 year old and breakers in a 5 year...
6
6

Refrigerator shaking and making noise
my fridge is making noise. I took the carboard off the back and the big black round thing appears to be the problem. Its also very hot, and shaking The big black thing, I think is the compressor...
7
7

Oops...how did they do that?
I'm always crying about some aspect of condo' life, but this is new and creative....I posted a while back about the new owner of the condo above us gutting the previous remodel job and tossing brand...
3
3

Aluminum roof sealant
If I mixed flat black paint into aluminum roof sealant to change the color would that cause any problems with sealing leaks?
4
4

Tecumseh TCII (TC200) 2102C throttle plate
Why do I get myself talked into these things? ;-) Bit of a long shot that someone else has one of these, but I've got an old 10" tiller with a Tecumseh TC200 2102C engine on the bench (the tiller says...
7
7

OT -ish - Why shower runs cold first
I've been wondering about this for years. When I turn the shower on, the first water that comes out is c-o-o-o-o-o-ld! So I've learned to adjust the temp before stepping in. But WHY does cold come out...
84
84

But haven't we read here????
This is in reference to "Double tapped circuit breakers" in main panel (North America). In reference to more than a single wire on circuit breakers not designed for that. In House Home Repair. dot com...
13
13

PVC Solvent
How can i remove the Purple stain on floor
11
11

Type of home re-roofing?
Getting quotes on redoing our 40 year old very low slope, tar and gravel roof that has given excellent service. This is a fairly severe climate; long winters, windy, ocean side corrosion. Simple...
2
2

Condo Laws?
Isn't it a requirement of the Condo Laws in each state that owners must get regular financial statements for the Condo Association?
6
6

Laminate Flooring for Kitchen?
My wife just saw some laminate flooring she likes, and she wants to pick it up for our kitchen area. I've never had laminate flooring before, so I don't know much about it. It is affordable, but I'm...
16
16

Harbor Freight coupons
You can also download & print them at: http://www.harborfreightusa.com/popmechanic
4
4

Red Maple
Recently, a red ribbon was stapled to the big red maple tree out front in the city right of way. I came to find out the tree is slated for removal, but I don't know why. There's a lot of mold on the...
28
28