Subject Author Posted Replies

Support for Kneewall
I built a 6' long x 42" high kneewall between my Diningroom & Kitchen. But if i push on the end of the wall it moves a little. I want to put a Column at the end for support,but don't know how to...
15
15

Bees invaded my little outdoor frog habitat (how to get rid of bees)
How can I get rid of the bees that just invaded my little frog habitat? For months, I've been watching the tadpoles grow, and the mosquito fish swim in a tiny 3-foot long by 10-inch wide by ten inch...
9
9

What is the logic of banging DOWN on a crankshaft to remove a flywheel?
What is the logic of banging DOWN on a lawnmower crankshaft in order to lift a flywheel UP? In another thread, I asked about how to repair a lawnmower that hit an obstruction and started running badly...
116
116

squirrel trap plans
Won't it be a bit tricky to adjust for the weight of the tree branch?
44
44

Humor - Free Clock - For Repair?
Sometimes one gets a giggle from Craigslist. --- begin quote FREE CLOCK I bought this stupid clock on E-Bay for my 86-year old aunt, because she is getting confused. Unfortunately, I didn't realize...
1
1

Do they make ..........
6" leach field pipe? I have some 4", but need a piece of light 6" for a squirrel trap. Haven't seen it at Lowe's or HD. Steve visit my blog at
18
18

Boric acid and DE
Can someone give me the short answer on using them as insecticides? I tried the grits thing, and they either ate it or ignored it. The ants and hills are still there.
21
21

cooktop with griddle
A home we're looking at has a gas cooktop with built-in griddle in the center. The griddle is about 12" across and 15" or so deep, with a grease catcher/drain in the front. We've never had a home with...
21
21

Cheap Globe light mounted vertically?
The builder installed a cheap standard (found in many closets) light in my pantry that has a glass globe that attaches with 3 screws. It is mounted on the wall, not the ceiling. After 9 years, I came...
12
12

OSSF - Texas
We bought a lake house in Texas and I've been reading the rules on permitting an On Site Sewage Facility. Since this is so close to the lake, it will have to be an above ground tank and we have...
6
6

ANTS! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Real small ants are in the cat's bowl. The food is dry food, not something that is obviously attractive to pests. A pest control guy comes four times a year. In fact, this latest infestation occurred...
10
10

Sears Craftsman drill voltage
Sears appears to have junked its 18-volt rechargeable drill and now sells a similar 19.2-volt drill. If the batteries fit, would a 19.2-volt battery harm an 18-volt drill?
4
4

Boric Acid and Insects
Hi, I posted under a subject of termites about boric acid. I wanted to see what experiences people, who did not read that post, have had with boric acid for insect control. A friend has a termite...
23
23

Anyone know about Bosch quickchange compact drill drivers?
Specifically, the PS21-2A. The item I just bought does not hold all of my quickchange drill bits properly. At the same time, my Bosch I-Driver holds the same bits perfectly. I really really like this...
9
9

Reversing the door on a Kenmore refrigerator.
The refrigerator/freezer is model number 795.76284600. There are holes to flip the top and bottom door hinges to the opposite side. Unfortunately, the bottom hinge doesn't have a removable pin to flip...
20
20