Looking for electric outlet

I want an outlet that i can attach romex to that has blades sticking out. I found this kit but it costs $50.00 If i find the receptcal i can make it myself. I need it to power an LCD TV Where can i find it ?

Reply to
desgnr

Try looking for an "inlet".

Reply to
bud--

RBM

RBM posted for all of us...

Make sure to go with the gift wrapping!

If the OP intends to use it as I envision his survivors will need the wrapping to cover the cremains.

Reply to
Tekkie®

or "widow maker."

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Why is that? The inlet is going to the receptacle, not the power side. It is essentially an extension cord inside the wall but you use NM cable. There is a commercial product to do this. You mount the "in" box low on the wall near a receptacle and the "out" is behind the TV. A short cable connects the power to the wiring you added into the wall. At a certain point I wonder why you wouldn't just hit the existing box and go up to an old work box behind the TV.

Reply to
gfretwell

Actually that is the proper permanent way.

Using male/female boxes is a shortcut method to allow non-licensed electricians to "legally" hook up the television without having to call in a licensed electrician, therefore to do the job cheaper and faster with only one call. However, you will find that some jurisdictions do not allow this system to be used. There is some discussion about the pros and cons of using this method in forums used by home entertainment installers.

Reply to
EXT