Subject Author Posted Replies

Trying to get rid of dirt
I tried Craigs list Trash company won't take it. Any ideas how to get rid of it ? I wonder is there any negative reasons to puting it under my deck ? The amount of dirt i have is were i dug it to make...
49
49

What BULB do you guys use for taking pictures of automotive DIYs?
In a Toyota forum I write up automotive repair DIYs under lousy lighting conditions (like many people do). Only I use a good camera (Nikon D5000) and good back lighting to augment the camera flash....
36
36

Cord difficult to advance on electric weed trimmer.
I have a Weedeater brand and a Black and Decker brand electric weed trimmer. These have some kind of a centrifugal mechanism to advance the cord but the cord seems jam up VERY frequently on BOTH...
7
7

Trying to locate full size 'flipper' door hardware
I'm not having much luck finding hardware for a 30"x80" door that is similar to a flipper door for a cabinet (pivots and slides into a recess). The door needs to be a bi-swing door AND a pocket door -...
19
19

Google is not your friend
"[RIVERHEAD, N.Y.] A town on New York's Long Island is using Google Earth to find backyard pools that don't have the proper permits. The town of Riverhead has used the satellite image service to find...
60
60

JB Weld problem
I have bought 6 JB Weld kits. (by kit, i mean the two tubes). I'm using the JB Kwik (fast dry stuff), to plug nail holes in some used corrigated roofing tin. It works great, except for some reason in...
46
46

Crayon on walls and doors
Someone kid put crayon all over the walls and doors in my rental property. What's the best way to remove it before repainting?
9
9

Balancing A Ceiling Fan
This isn't a How-To? post...this is a victory story. My son moved into an apartment in a really old house this weekend. The ceiling fan in the dining room has a downrod of about 6" and wobbled like...
20
20

PAR38 CLFL with frosted glass
Are there any CFLs in size PAR38 with frosted glass? I looked at Home Depot and Lows, and the only ones in PAR38 have clear glass. (I did find PAR30 CFL with frosted glass.)
4
4

Click Lock Hardwood Flooring
I thought of replacing my carpets with the new click-lock engineered hardwood flooring. The ads say it is easier to install than the glue-down hardwood flooring. All my flooring is on a slightly above...
5
5

Bosch 36v hammerdrill?
At one point, they were on sale at Tool Authority for $170 shipped (US) including two big lithium-ion batteries and a charger. Did anyone buy it? Did you find a defect? I noticed that one of the...

HF Multi Tool replacement sanding pads
Harbor Freight finally started stocking the sanding pad attachment for their Multifunction Tool. Listed as "New Item" on the shelf, and it doesn't show up searching the HF website. Item #67709. Price...

Tile Saw Question
I got a large tile saw. The bed is about 24 , 36 inches, the blade, probably around ten inches. The depth of cut allows me to cut standard pavers, about the thickness of a brick, 2.5". My other one...
3
3

Update on sand filter & cloudy 10k gal swimming pool
The pool is all back to normal but I had to do the full Clear-Floc vacuum method. I didn't raise the PH to 8 but it seems to work just fine anyway. The Clear-Floc as a filter aid just didn't cut it...
15
15

One circuit often blows
Lately, one circuit on my box blows. It covers the microwave and regular oven. I could understand it blowing when another heat-using appliance, like toaster oven or toaster runs at same time as...
53
53