Gate Valve Orientation

Use ball valves.

OK, now that that's out of the way...

I Googled about installing them upside down like in a basement. Saw pros & cons. Mostly about it promotes sediment collection messing up the operation. The ones I'm using are 1/2" & 3/4", one hot and one cold. There are no flow direction arrows on them.

What's the feel from you folks on upside down installation from actual experience?

Red...

Reply to
Red Green

You can mount gate valve in any direction you of your choosing

However up side down if you water carry sediment in few years you may

Get some problem opening and closing other then that I do not see any problems.

Reply to
Grumpy

To my experience the direction doesn=92t matter. Only about five percent of them close right after several years no matter how you install the damn things. I hate gate valves.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Yoda?

Reply to
JimT

You'll be sorry!

Count on it.

Reply to
salty

It's really none of my business the orientation of a gate valve, but I am against same-sex gate valve marriage.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Damn it, Red, listen to your own advice. Grow a set of ball valves and use them! You will thank me later.

Gordon Shumway

When you subsidize poverty and failure, you get more of both.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Microsoft. I bet he hit Enter after "you may", and helpful grammar- checking software capitalized "Get", because it is the first word of a paragraph.

Yes, there are some other spelling and punctuation issues, but it's the "Get" that really makes it confusing. Most of the other stuff looks like lazy typing, or mind working faster than fingers, or something of that sort.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton