Long throw

I need to spray along the edges of my lake but need a longer throw than I can get with my current setup.

If I can throw a stream "X" feet now with my current setup what do I need to throw twice as far? Higher GPM pump? Bigger hose? What?

Thanks.

Reply to
dadiOH

Higher GPM =3D throw more the same distance Bigger hose =3D throw the same the same distance

You need more PRESSURE.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Along the same line as dadiOH- Can you increase the pressure by adding air?

I'm on city water & have decent pressure, but there are a couple times I've wanted more & I've tried to come up with a way to boost the pressure with my compressor. Will a couple of one way valves do it? Or is there a single fitting that will accomplish the same thing?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

At 100% efficiency, you should be able to throw water 3.2 feet per psi available at the nozzle, to a target at your height.

Air drag reduces range. If under increased pressure, your nozzle produces finer drops, there may be no increase in range. The best range comes with a stream. The most efficient way to convert pressure to speed is with a nozzle that's a long funnel. You can get more range if you build a tower on your boat and spray when the wind is in your favor.

Relative to the nozzle, the pump and hose should be big enough that the pump will produce full pressure and not much will be lost in the hose.

Reply to
J Burns

Thanks, useful information.

Reply to