Subject Author Posted Replies

Granite in fireplace
Hi, The bottom of my fireplace (that houses a wood burning insert) was lined with very ugly tile which I decided to replace with a slab of granite (probably in two pieces). But removing the tile...
10
10

stuck shower head
The subject line says it all. I do not have a lot of upper body strength. I have tried: 1- channel lock wrench 2- grip lock wrench both wrenches at the same time in opposite directions 3- penetrating...
4
4

Extension cable loosing flexibility
Boy, do I need to get out in the yard and make some youtube videos. I have dealt with long lengths of many types of things, wire rope, hose, wiring, and other things. up to 9,000 feet long. When...
6
6

sunroom roof
i would like to beef up the insulation on our sunroom ceiling and i thought that a layer of rigid foam board with some half inch plywood and shingles on top off that would do the trick as well as...
5
5

Don’t put wire on your windows
In news: Oren spewed forth: on kinda the same note, I recieved this in an email You're sound asleep when you hear a thump outside your bedroom door. Half-awake, nearly paralyzed with fear, you hear...
12
12

Roots
Our townhouse association has 30 year old ficus trees in each front yard. They have been trimmed/shaved annually, to maintain a shape like a wheel of cheese. They actually look quite nice, plus, they...
7
7

Fireplace Tile Project
I purchased some "made in china" marble tile from big box store, .size is 12 x 12 x 3/8 25 @ $2.00. I'm liking the price, and they look good, but now am concerned the quality may not be so...
6
6

Gibson HVAC Air Handler Condensate Drain Pipe Flushing
My friend had his Gibson A/C air handler shut off on him this weekend due to a clogged condensate water drain pipe. Luckily it had a "Safe-T- Switch" so that the backed up water in the drip pan didn't...

kenmore washing machine control problem - fixed
Posted about this back in November 2010 - 20 yr. old Kenmore washing machine (60 series) - has mechanical timer (dial type) control. You turn the knob to the cycle you want (many clicks as you're...
2
2

Sears Dryer
If you get some heat from the dryer would that mean the heating coil is not the problem.?
1
1

Screw size in metal doors
I needed to replace some screws in a metal door hinge where I work They must have used some odd ball size. I tried a #6 metric and it almost fit but didn't. Went to a 1/4 inch in the two number of...
9
9

Have they stopped selling MAPP gas and replaced it with Map-Pro?
Have they stopped selling MAPP gas and replaced it with Map-Pro? did Magna stop selling MAPP® gas? Magna?s fuel supplier was buying MAPP® gas from the petrochemical company, Pétromont and Co., who...
1
1

Did 5/16 Taps Shrink?
The decimal equivalents for F & G size drill bits are as follows F 0.2570 G 0.2610 I've got an old Hanson 5/16-18NC Tap that has "G drill" printed on it. When I used it, I used a G sized bit. I need...
7
7

Alignment Mark on Doorknob
I am changing the doorknob on my front door. I have a used doorknob that I bought at a rumage sale. I noticed it has a small white dot near the edge. I'm assuming this dot is supposed to be placed at...
13
13

Getting Married - Cant afford a Wedding Ring
I'm getting married and I cant afford a wedding ring. I believe it's required to give the bride a ring. I have a bunch of those PEX crimp rings left over from when I replaced the pipes in the...
2
2