Subject Author Posted Replies

remote garage door openers
I think the contacts in my remote garage door opener are getting oxidized. What is the best way to clean it? I've tried to scrape it but it's hard to do because it's small and in a tight area. Would...
11
11

instant hot water sand and sediment filter
I have an instant hot water heater under our office bathroom sink to provide warm water for washing our hands. The problem is that sometimes sand and sediment get into the instant hot heater causing...
9
9

Wacker concrete saw does not start
I bought a Wacker concrete saw for $50. The seller honestly disclosed that it ran fine, but now it "would not start", which is true -- it does not start. How do I fix this thing, is that a carb issue?...
10
10

gluing glass to neoprene?
I need to glue glass to neoprene or maybe it is is some other black, glossy, flexible, rubber-looking substance. What glue etc. should I buy? Is it worth trying to rough up the glass? If so, should I...
37
37

repair broken aluminum storm window
I have a broken pane in the storm window, one of those aluminum frame things that slides up and down in multiple channels. Looks like a bb gun hole, then the whole glass pane cracked. But it could...
12
12

Mitsubishi "Blinking Green Light"
Does anyone have experience with the Mitsubishi Big Screen TV "Blinking Green Light" problem. My son's girlfriend has a 52" Mitsubishi TV and it stopped working except for the blinking green light....
1
1

Bathroom Moisture Problem
I painted my bathroom three weeks ago. The weather was around 48 - 80 degrees. After taking a shower today, I noticed that some of the old paint color was showing through. It was only one spot, but...
14
14

connecting a humidifier to Rheem furnace?
Given this wiring diagram 's no connection for a humidifier, is there...? My brain is working slowly this morning and I'm annoyed at having to search all over the place for part nos. etc. this is for...
9
9

Anyone have a "Allied by Carrier" humidifier? how do I get it apart?
OK... almost have friend's HVAC back into shape... both furnace and A/C are clean and operating properly... he has a humidifier however that is installed *between* the supply and return plenums (that...

Attempting to bBuild homes at 5 dollar/sq foot
http://www.wimp.com/diycivilization/

Cleaning a kegerator?
Hi all friend of mine got a kegerator... we're going to replace the hoses on it because it's been sitting disused for a while. Unfortunately said friend is better known for doing than thinking, and I...
2
2

Any home beer brewers here?
I am having fun trying to match up my keg posts. Anyone here have any experience with these fittings who could help me out? Steve
2
2

plumber's grease instead of teflon tape?
The other day I bought a 1-oz tube of Harvey's Faucet and Valve Grease. It's little like vaseline but stickier and more viscous. The tube says it resists high temperatures. I can imagine several...
27
27

R-20, R-50 insulation
Maybe he lives in a pyramid?
10
10

Concrete slab cracked all over - water coming in
Hi guys, About 2 years ago, I removed my basement carpet because I was getting floods underneath. When I removed it, I saw that the entire slab was filled with cracks - probably over 100 cracks. Water...
5
5