After taking a shower today, I noticed that some of the old paint color was showing through. It was only one spot, but when I wiped another area, the new paint rubbed off. I knew the family that lived here before I bought the home, so I know for a fact that it has five coats of pain on the walls. I hope that is not too much paint.
My feeling is that this is a moisture problem. I do not have mold. I sanded that area, put a tad of bleach and water on it, and am letting it dry overnight. Tomorrow, I plan to put one coat of primer on it, and then paint over that the next day with my new paint. Is this the correct thing to do? Has anyone else had this problem. I cannot rub paint off of the walls in the bathroom, outside of the shower at all.
In the winter, should I put a space heater in there and let it run for a half an hour after I shower? I do shower with the bathroom door open, and I always wipe down the walls. I also need to stop taking hot showers.
This is a first for me, so if anyone can help it would be most appreciated.