Rust Spots on Leaves?

I have a flowering ornamental tree in my front yard, and over the past couple of years it's developed yellow and rust colored spots during the warm season, (I live in Greater Boston).

I looked it up on-line, and found that it's some kind of fungus. I also saw that a commercial grade fungicide called Clevis is supposed to work for this blight. I know I can buy Clevis on-line, but would prefer to use a fungicide more suitable for homeowners.

I read that I need to spray early in the season, just after the buds break open, which will be sometime in the next week. In fact I expect to spray next weekend, if the weather is good.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a fungicide I can use on my tree??

Reply to
Don Green

What kind of tree?

"Some kind of fungus" is just as vague as "a flowering ornamental tree", you know that, right?

Do you know what "blight" even means?

Good call, assuming that you don't have a commercial applicator's license. That being said, without knowing what the problem actually is, why would you even consider treating with anything?

Without knowing specifics, any advice other than contact a certified arborist to properly diagnose the problem (and provide a solution) would be a complete waste of everyone's time. Think about it. If you thought you had cancer because of something you read online, would you seek out some drug online and treat yourself? No, you'd probably contact a professional. That's the best thing you can do for your tree. ;)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I apologize for not being more thorough or providing more detail. I wish I had more information, I would have posted it.

Your suggestion to check with an Arborist is a good one.

That said, I'm struck by how much time you put into your reply, with no more intent than to be rude and scarcastic.

Pretty busy, huh?

Reply to
Don Green

The same could be said for your OP. You spent little (if any) time in researching what type of tree you have the issue with. You have zero idea, really, what the issue is. And, your idea that you can just apply whatever chemical you wish, simply because you can "buy it online" (no matter that you aren't qualified to use it), makes you a threat to the environment and those around you.

Nope. Trust me. I haven't begun to be either. You just need to get a clue. Since you don't have one already, a certified arborist is your best bet. AIS, with the info you've provided, you're wasting everyone's time, here.

Actually, this time of year, yes. Too busy to waste any more time on the likes of you, that's for sure.

*w00giewave*
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Eggs Zachtly, me thinks you must have skipped your medicine this week !!!!

James