Dollar weed

Any way to get rid of this stuff? It's taking over my back yard. I know
it loves over-watering , but I haven't even started watering yet. We
haven't had much sunshine either (NW Florida). Maybe that'll help dry
things up a bit...
Reply to
Shanghai McCoy
Because of your locale, are you *positive* it's /Hydrocotyle spp./ and NOT /Dichondra/? If you look at the underside of the leaf, where does the stem attach (center, or near the edge of the leaf)?
What type of turfgrass do you have?
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly
2,4-D is out then. it'll kill your grass. Atrizine was the perferred quick kill for /Hydrocotyle/ in St. Augustine turf, but it's been banned for homeowner's use (though it's still used by commercial applicators).
Look for a product called "Image" (Imazaquin). It's not real speedy, but it's safe on your particular turf (provided the grass is healthy and actively growing), and it works.
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Site Timeline Threads