raised beds

Now that spring is here I would like to build some raised beds for flowers amd veggies. I tried it before with landscape timbers but they soon rotted away. What is the best material for building the raised beds? If I used RR ties would the creosote leach out into the soil ? What does everyone else do?

Reply to
Herb Eneva

Pressure treated 2x6's work pretty well.

Reply to
Art

I used cedar. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I bet that smells nice.

Reply to
Art

*Really* did when I was cuttin' the boards! =)
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly