Grass or rather Clover

Clover is taking over everyone's lawns this year, around here. It's been mowed from 3 to 3 1/2inches. When it gets dry it's mowed about 4 inches. I noticed a neighbor has his lawn field mowed around 5 inches+. It doesn't appear to have much or any clover or weeds in it. I can't and don't want to put enough chemicals, on it to get rid of clover, if it is even possible. Will mowing it high crowd out the clover??
On 5/31/2010 9:49 PM, lil abner wrote:

I suspect neighbor's treated it. Thinking about your post this am, walking in park, they have lot of clover and they don't mow close.