Kill Clover!

Hi,

The clover is flourishing in my yard, particularly backyard. I used to be able to control them with Scott Plus 2 (early spring and late fall). However, this time it did not seem work. I also sprayed with those 1 gallon B-Gon (sp?) and it made the clover cover yellowish, but not dead.

Is there anything I can buy that will kill that weed? Or I'd better call some landscapers?

I am in Maryland, BTW.

Frustrating

Reply to
Usenet User

Who does the job is your call..how many sq ft of grass do you have?

Reply to
Steveo

If more applications of the regular Weed-B-Gon don't kill it, try the Weed-B-Gon for chickweed, clover and oxalis.

Product info:

Doug G

Sounds like you almost got it w/ the B-Gone (sp?) stuff. Sorry but I'm not familiar w/ the product. I am very familiar w/ clover though. With most of the weed sprays you can safely reapply in 2 weeks. Maybe a second application would help.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

Funny about clover. About 50 years ago, clover was purposely added to lawns. It spread easly, was green, and looked fine. I can remember my Dad agonizing about how much white clover to add to the grass seed he was buying. Then we invented broad-leaf weed killers, and clover was killed. Now we think of clover as an evil weed.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

You're showing your age now, William. Remember bentgrass lawns?

Reply to
Steveo

I have a nice lawn with plenty of clover. I choose to let it thrive. Clover is a weed I can live with.

HtH

Reply to
Heidi the Horrible

Can you walk barefoot without crying about bee stings?

Reply to
Steveo

Bees are people too. They like the clover and so do I. We can all live together.

Reply to
Heidi the Horrible

Hey Heidi, does Helga like em' too?

Reply to
Steveo

Who is Helga ?

Reply to
Heidi the Horrible

Dunno..i just figured with a name like Heidi the Horrible you might know a Helga. :)

Reply to
Steveo

Don't know any Helgas. "The" is a family name passed down for generations. I'm a distant relative of Winnie The Pooh and Atilla The Hun and perhaps Ivan The Terrible but I can't quite trace the link.

Reply to
Heidi the Horrible

fuh-uh-unny. [:^)

Reply to
GFRfan

Hehehe...you owe me a new keyboard..I just spewed Pepsi all over this one.

Reply to
Steveo

Of course, it kind of trashes the look of a perfectly manicured fescue or bermuda lawn...

Reply to
Sixeye

Look for chick weed or Clover killer at any Home Depot. I've been attacking it in spots with a liquid version with great success. Clover (at least for me) has been a sign of bad soil.

message

Reply to
Dan Baker

Maybe related to Karl Marx too!

-- Wild Bill

If you're gonna to run with the big dogs, ya gotta lift your leg a little bit higher!

Wild Bill

Highly unlikely since I'm a capitalist piglett.

Reply to
Heidi the Horrible

Actually, clover can help poor soil, as it is a legume. If you remember your elementary school science, legumes like peas, fix nitrogen in the soil, making it easier for most plants to access nutrients. That said, I find clover, especially the stuff with the tiny yellow flowers, to be a real nuisance. I runs all over the lawn, and chokes out the grass. Pulling it is a rather thankless task, and neverending, but I am trying to go chemical-free. Can't decide if the clover or the dandelions are worse....

Reply to
Bugs 4 Jazz