clover

is clover easily treatable? what do I use to kill it off.....thx

Reply to
news

Peter Pan

mine took 2 - 3 treatments weeks apart to totally zap it

Reply to
newb

Clover has lots of little hairs and a waxy coating. Best results require a surfactant to help the heribcide to break through the clover's defences.

Reply to
timothy

Good day, You will want to use a product such as Weed-B-Gon to remove clover. This will kill off the clover, but you should use a surfactant (sticker-spreader) for best results.

Clover is a symptom of a bigger problem. Clover does very well in poor, hard soil. Clover obtains it's nitrogen from the air... not the soil. It's telling you that your soil lacks nitrogen.

A plan of attack should include correcting the soil issues or the clover will be back. Fertilizing 2 or 3 times a season combined with a higher mowing hight(2.5-3 inches) will do wonders for your lawn.

Good luck, Timothy

Reply to
timothy

I use a small amount of dishwashing (not dishwasher) detergent in my spray to help stick to clover,

Reply to
willshak

Do you find adding dishwashing helps for other weeds also ?

Reply to
Keith Corwell

It has nothing to do with the type of weed. It acts as a surfactant.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

let's say for fun that none of us actually know the purpose of a surfactant is to cause the active ingredient of the herbicide to stick longer on the surface of the foliage of the undesirable plant. so, we'll look the word up in the dictionary.

surfactant :a surface-active substance (as a detergent)

detergent :that cleanses : cleansing

so, the undesirable plant dies a clean death?

Reply to
Jim

Yes but my hands look like I've been soaking in it.

Reply to
Steveo

*groan*
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Thanks How much soap in 25 gallon tank ?

Reply to
Keith Corwell

I wish I was as smart as Eggs

Reply to
Keith Corwell

Be very carefull in making wishes.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

[....]

add the soap last. be sure an add the soap last.

about six or eight drops is sufficient.

make sure your return mix line is submerged just under the surface of the water in the tank. doing this will minimize the foaming problem created when most say to themselves eight drops ain't enough to do squat.

Reply to
Jim