Dutch white clover

I have a large grassy area in back of my house that measures around 2000 square feet. It's just a collection of grasses, weeds, crab grass and bald spots - not much to look at. I just mow it down every two weeks during the growing season. Anyway, someone suggested to me to replace it with Dutch white clover. I bought a bag of seed at the local farm supply store. After reading the seeding directions, I'm not sure how it would work best in my case. Do I need to till the present grass first or can I just scatter the clover seed over what I already have? I heard that the clover will eventually squeeze out the weeds and crab grass. BTW I live in Western Washington, where it is raining as usual today. Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
tenplay

I would lightly rake the ground and then just spread the seed. You could also get a bale of straw and scatter that very thinly.

Be aware that clover will draw bees if you let it head. However it will much improve the ground for the grass.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon