Clover Problem

I have a speading Juiper (about 4' diameter at this stage) which has a lot of clover growing up through it.

I can't get at the roots of the clover, is there anything I can spray to kill it without damaging the Juniper?

Reply to
Martin Harran

'Martin',

Verdone Extra will kill white clover very effectively but, of course, you will need to make sure that it does not waft onto your conifer.

This site shows you Verdone Extra for spot treatment and also for application via a watering can.

Emrys Davies.

Reply to
Emrys Davies

I have the same problem. I found that hand weeding after a soaking rain works best. I made a plastic shield from a 1-gallon plastic jug to use RoundUp (feed the clover through the hole), but the hand weeding is easier. My blue rug juniper is well established, and I still need to weed it from time to time.

Reply to
Phisherman