--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 5/25/2011 9:46 AM, willshak wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/25/news/companies/stihl_recall/?section=money_latest
Another example of the unintended consequence of adding ethanol to gasoline. I went through it with my snow thrower a couple of years ago.
On 5/25/2011 8:46 AM, willshak wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/25/news/companies/stihl_recall/?section=money_latest
funny how everyone (who is not in the know) wants to blame every little small engine problem on ethanol.
--
Steve Barker
On 5/27/2011 11:07 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

Makes plenty of sense if part is plastic and warped by the higher solvent properties of ethanol in gas. I remember when ethanol was mandated in all stations around here and they had to close down for several days to clean out their tanks. Otherwise residues in the tanks would have been dissolved by the ethanol containing gas and ended up clogging car engines.