Stihl Gas-Powered String Trimmer

I'm considering buying a Stihl Gas-Powered String Trimmer. I am looking at two models, the FS 45 and the FS 45C Easy2Start. The only difference is the FS 45C has spring assisted starting and the ability to add new line without removing the spool.

The difference in price is $30. Do you think these two features are worth the extra money? Why or why not?

Thanks for your replies.

David

Reply to
David

I have one with the easy-start and a traditional spool. The easy- start was somebody's good idea but I don't think it's necessary. The engine starts so easily that it's just not needed. The normal spool is easier to load than most others I've worked with and it works great. Use the biggest shaped line that'll fit. Each manufacturer has come up with their own improvement on the old spool but you end up with something either more complicated or something that takes special ($$) line or blades.

Anyways, I'd recommend the model without the additional features.

That said, it's a great choice for a trimmer. They're commercial grade but targeted to the consumer - which is an entirely different level of quality and performance than what you'll get at a box store. I bought the cheapest one they had and it's the best trimmer I've ever used. Absolutely worth the money.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

try both before you buy

Reply to