Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Gardening Green (How to become an Organic Genius!)
Hey guys hope all is well:) Anyways my friend made this page about becoming an Organinc gardener. I saw it and now i'm a green gardener and proud of it! Anyways I recommend it and I'm now pretty...
6
6

Highest set mower?
I need a new mower and am looking for a 22" self propelled. What brand and model can be set to the tallest height above the ground?
2
2

recommend a hand push mower (not petrol/electric)
hi everybody, im looking for a new mower. i have, at present, a qualcas 38cm which cuts almost perfectly until you set it at a very low hiegh when you then get "ripple" effect on the lawn. im after a...
5
5

Suffolk Punch 35s setup
Hello all. I have recently cleaned and redone the carburettor on my Suffolk Punch 35s. I have put it all together and it starts fine, but cannot get it to idle properly. I know there is an idle screw...
1
1

Honda 2113 hydrostatic
Hi All I have the above ride on mower. My starter has jammed -yeouch... I read that some briggs and stratton starter motors are compatible and are certainly more readily available. Does any one know...
2
2

Scotts Lawn Fertilizer Question??
Hi, I am hoping that someone can explain this to me. Is there something up with "Home Depot" and the "Scotts Company" with false bag weight contents or something?? Here is whats going on. Our house is...
6
6

One-stop Vegetable Garden Guide
My friends and I are planning to raise a vegetable garden in our own plots. Fortunately, we stumbled into EzyVegies; wide information about do it yourself raised garden beds and tips in growing a...

petrol lawn mower wont start help!
hi, im a newbie to this forum so please bare with me if i've put this in the wrong section SORRY! okay well, my petrol lawn mower wont start. -i drained out all the petrol and put some new petrol in...
5
5

My Own Organic Garden ;Thanks to EzyVegies
I have always wanted to grow vegetables in my yard but the thing is, Australian soil is not ideal for growing organic vegetables. Good thing I read EzyVegies featured in an article. It caught my...

Vegetable Gardening through Raised Garden Beds
I have always wanted to grow vegetables in my yard but, the thing is, I do not have a decent area. Fortunately, I came upon EzyVegies Australia and learned that they are offering a very ideal...

petrol B&S lawnmower starting problem
Hello I have a 2 yr old Briggs & Stratton petrol lawnmower. I can start i quite readily, but my Wife struggles. It's the power required for the torque that she struggles with. Doe anyone know of any...
4
4

Honda Izy Hrg415c Pde
Picked up a 2001 honda, 16" cut, model as above. does anyone know if this model has a blade brake as when i release handle it just stops the engine. other than this it is in great condition and cuts...
2
2

Advice required for a mower
Hi All At present I do a spot of grass cutting and garden maintenance for a few folk. When i started out I was using a Mcculloch Mower that was self propelled, it did an ok job but I got it for free...
1
1

cordless weedeaters
Looking into a cordless weedeater, I am down to two of them, any users here have any experience with either the B&D NST 2018 or the Worx GT model with the lithium battery thanks Chet
2
2

Chipmonks
In MA and maybe other states, transporting trapped animals is illegal. They want us to hire licensed exterminators. (Yah, right.) I used a Have-A-Heart trap for squirrels. I spray painted them yellow...