TPH analysis with IR

Hi there, I am looking for Trichloro-trifluoro-ethane to perform a TPH analysis by infrared spectroscopy. Somebody knows where I can purchase this freon? The sources I used do not sell this product any more as it seems to damage the ozone layer. What other alternative product could I use in stead?
Thanks, Bolaleman
--------------------- http://2ajobguide.com/wind_jobs_solar_renewable_energy_jobs.aspx
Add pictures here
✖
Bolaleman wrote:

<<<< snip spam >>>>>
I'm surprised you couldn't Google it. Back in the early 70's I was covered with the stuff on several jobs where I cleaned parts.
http://tinyurl.com/ntgs9a
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:24:37 -0500, The Daring Dufas

    We kept it in 5 gallon cans, which we funelled into squeeze bottles, for cleaning computer parts.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
✖
On Aug 24, 12:46 pm, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Yes I found some sources for technical grade but what we need for the IR analysis needs to be high grade. Thanks for the repies!
Add pictures here
✖
Bolaleman wrote:

mmmmm - repies - I remember when my mom would bake repies - apple repies are the best!
--
Zyp

Add pictures here
✖

sorry for the repies and the grammatical horrors :-)
Add pictures here
✖

analytical chemistry is a "snobby business" - we only use the best stuff, yesssss
Add pictures here
✖

analytical chemistry is a "snobby business" - we only use the best stuff, yesssss
Your best bet is to contact the manufacturers directly and see what they can do for you.
Add pictures here
✖

I did this already and found Merck Chemicals as a supplier of this CFC 113 (this is the alternative name for trichlorotrifluoro ethane) in a grade that is adequate for IR spectroscopy (Uvasol). We are already in the process of implementing an alternative method for TPH analysis using hexane according to the EPA 1664 procedure. For soil analysis we are validating a method that works with methanol as extraction solvent instead of CFC 113 (turbidimetric determination of hydrocarbons). The aim is being more independent on the Freons as solvents as they are becoming more and more expensive and difficult to purchase.
Add pictures here
✖
Bolaleman wrote:

We don't want to murder any more cute little ozones. Anyone who has ever looked into the eyes, er, electrons of one of those cute little ozones, could never again let any harm come to them.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 16:13:01 -0500, The Daring Dufas

    I hate ozones. One of them bit me when i was a child, and I've hated them ever since.
    NUKE THE OZONES !!!!!
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
✖
I think that's why spring loaded electron traps were made illegal? The trappers were letting those poor wittle ozones starve to death.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Join the underground railroad. We are smuggling them out of the hands of those tree hugging Nazi's. They make lousy lampshades anyway.

Add pictures here
✖
Bolaleman wrote:

I note that this Poster is deep in South America/Santa Cruz
Add pictures here
✖

You might be right Old&Grunpy. I am still waiting for the cost estimate but this is the price I was expecting also. As I mentioned already in a previous post, we are in the process of implementing (an) alternative method(s) for TPH analysis as with this high solvent costs we are probably not competitive any more. Many thanks for your help any way.
Bolaleman
Add pictures here
✖