refrigerant prices

Page 1 of 2
Anybody else bought any refrigerant recently?? How much has it gone up in your neck of the woods?? Since the end of last summer, a 30lb can of R-22 has gone up another $25 and a 25lb can of R-410a has gone up almost $60.
--

Steve Nunes@ Noon-Air Heating & A/C
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

But I am still at $25.00 per lb

1-4lbs R-22 (flat rate) is $79.00 1-4lbs R-410a (flat rate) is $173.00
First pound is still free for now.

Only one to a customer.... and more than 1 pound mandates an electronic leak search(thats not free), and leak repairs (thats not free either). :-)

leak
Oh sure, I see, never give the client what they want. LOL
o:) Me too!

Steve, I guess Im goina be the dumb one to ask. On your R-22........if someone needs 4 lb of R-22 is the cost going to be $79 total (excluding diagnostic, trip, leak check, etc.)? and if they need 1 Lb its free (excluding diagnostic, trip, etc.) and if they need two pounds its $79 total (excluding diagnostic, trip, leak check, etc.?) In other words, its not $79 per pound? Dont worry, this isnt a trick question. :-) Bubba

Not a dumb question.... it works like this...
$70 for the service call/diagnostics $79 for 1-4 lbs of R-22 (also triggers electronic leak search) Leak search, depending on how involved to find out where it went ranges from $28 - $110 (usually its in the evap coil...$55)
Assuming leaky evap coil replacement.... 10 SEER runs $716 - $920 installed, plus any additional refrigerant, TXV coils run $1036 - $1320 installed plus any additional refrigerant. Coil replacement usually takes me 3 1/2 - 4 hours.
I don't do *JUST* a "gas and go", and only schedule 4 calls per day...If any other calls come in that day, I will only *DO* a maximum of 6 calls a day....there is not enough hours to do more than that if your doing your job correctly.

30# R-22 is $91.00 each 25# R-410a is $340.00 each

and aren't you near Atlanta? If I remember correctly

south Mississippi, near Hattiesburg

Trane dealer???

He's a Rheem dealer...

I handle the good stuff.... I am a Rheem dealer :-)

I thought you were the person (a Trane dealer) that he and I swapped price lists to see the difference , if any in units. Me being an American-Standard dealer. This was about 5 years ago and I did forget who it was....I'm getting to frickin old And since no one is interesting in buying a job (buy my business)...I'll just keep putting up with the damn public a few more years
I plead Not Guilty!! I figure to hang with my business for a few more years yet.... just now getting it to where somebody would actually *want* to buy it.

American-Standard
I think you are talking about Steve, CBHVAC.
He was playing with Trane for awhile. He was a York dealer at the time.

have ya considered an ebay auction style sale? Start it out at $0.99, with a hefty reserve...