refrigerant

Anyone with experience replacing R22 with R299?

Reply to
velovelo13

Nope. And I thought I'd heard of everything.

- Robert

Reply to
American Mechanical

I think I typed R299 instead of R290. R290 is propane.

Reply to
velovelo13

That makes more sense. Errr, no on second thought it doesn't. Are you aware that propane is flammable and under pressure is rather dangerous?

All kidding aside, the hydrocarbon refrigerant schemes are more than I care to investigate let alone risk my neck for.

- Robert

Reply to
American Mechanical

I have seen some freezers that used propane, like minus 75 C. I doubt that an conversion would work very well.

Reply to
SQLit

This is Turtle.

I really don't see any worth while reason I would want to use anything other than R-22 or R-407-C as a replacement for the R-22.

If you could give a application your speaking about and the reason for the need of the Propane replacement. we can give you another replacement to use that would be more easily installed or bought. I will say this before I went to Proipane i would go with R-134-A from Auto Zone.

What application do you have in mine here ?

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

it's amazing that people are scared of gas

why I have an 1 1/2 pipe coming into my house with an endless supply of the stuff -so much so that I often set light to it !!

jeezzzeeuuss.......

care refrigerants are fine and dandy for those who

1 are trained in it's use (like moi ;-) 2 those not stuck in the 20th century and believe that this industry should be 'just like it was when papa was a pup' 3 not afraid of change

410a IS the way forward ,22 is dying and 407 a cul-de-sac

time to get back to school and update your training regime (esp when coca cola macdonalds et al get co2 in their coolers)

cheers

Reply to
r.bartlett