R744 / CO2 refrigerant.

Hi,

I have been reading for years about the advent of R744 as a refrigerant. I understand that Mercedes Benz and/or BMW have elected to use R744 in some i n-vehicle air conditioning systems.

Aside from the high pressure, what are some of the issues surrounding the u se of R744 as a refrigerant in domestic air conditioning units? Is it that the evaporator coils get too cold and would inevitably ice up? Is it that t he condenser / hot coils are insufficiently warm to be able to dump heat in the environment?

What are the possible ranges of temperatures on the evaporator and condense r coils? I have started at the phase diagram, scratched my head, and stared some more, but I lack the expertise and the answer is not apparent to me.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
denys

replying to denys, Iggy wrote: This may help out, "CO2 as a Refrigerant ? Five Potential Hazards of R744"

Iggy