Refrigerant pipe wrap

I want to cut some plugs to put under some flashings on a metal roof where the peaks and valleys are open. Then caulk the dickens out of them. Can I use some of that refrigerant pipe wrap? I've seen it on stuff that has been out in the weather for a long time, and it seems to be in decent shape. This would be under the flashing, and protected from UV, and, if sealed, water.

Other alternate suggestions?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I believe there is actually a molded foam insulation product that fits the shape of the sheet metal.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas