Electric caulk gun

I want one. Brand names that you have used and are good? I need to use up about a case of caulk or more.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

How do I start a web browser and point it to google? Can anybody tell me how to come up with a clever search string like "electric caulk gun review" ? Where's that neighbor's five year old when I need him?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

I don't have a brand and have never used one.

How many tubes in THIS case, 12?

Reply to
Oren

What are some needs for one of these powered caulk guns? Building cars and airplanes? Certainly not for home use. Say, caulking a new window or door, might take a tube and a half.

I can't see the need for me.

Reply to
Oren

You need a machine for 12 tubes of caulk! I used to go through that twice week sometimes, Does anybody even use a screwdriver or handsaw anymore. I still have handdrills, saws and even the unheard of screwdrivers. A quality caulk gun will be working 30 years from now.

Reply to
ransley

Oren wrote in news:1u1op5h47odqlcnqf7gl1ou21ftjlbpigo@

4ax.com:

Floor joists when laying subfloor comes to mind. Not exactly typical home use of course.

Reply to
Red Green

-- Here you go.

=3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

Oh, I appreciate the tool or being able to buy one, if I needed it.

My worst problem with a regular DIY caulk gun was the caulk was cold. We put it the Sun to warm it up.

Reply to
Oren

I have wrist problems, and a thumb I broke when I was 16. I have arthritis. I have carpal tunnel syndrome, and sometimes when I grab something hard, it feels like I just grabbed a chunk of cholla cactus. So, I would like a battery operated one to run a case or two of caulking to fix after a less than stellar job by the dipshit builder of the house I bought.

Why does a guy who has a hand crank drill need an electric one? Why does a guy who has a hammer need a nailgun? Other than they want one, they can do more work with it in the same amount of time, and in a lot of cases, do better consistent work. And not work as hard, or get repetitive motion injuries.

I think it will be okay. My Mom's dead, so I don't have to clear it with her, either. Thanky DanG for the rational response.

If I went through all my tools and got rid of things that were just convenience, I'd get rid of half the stuff.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Perhaps the gentleman would like a recommendation from someone who has used such a tool on a regular basis? Reviews on the Web aren't always unbiased. Of course neither are people.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Some of us use an electric screw driver because we injured our hand playing with ourselves.....

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

: I can't see the need for me.

The OP didn't ask if YOU needed one.

Reply to
JawBone

DeWalt battery unit is very good. Probably not worth it for one case of caulk. I had/have an air driven unit which was/is actually slightly better, but the hassles of compressor and hose makes the battery unit the only one used anymore. Prazi also makes a drill driven unit that I considered:

DanG

I bought an air operated one from McMaster _ Carr a few months ago. I don't recall the brand (it is at the shop so I can't look) and it works very well. For $50, I should have bought it a lot sooner as it saves time, saves on the wrist for doing a lot of caulk. We used it for some rather heavy stuff that was difficult to pump in a hand gun. If you have a small compressor, go for it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Oren, there are folks on here that do quite a bit more than handyman their own home. You pump a case or two of NP1 or other good urethane caulk a day, even with a high leverage gun, and you may be looking for some power also. The real reason to consider one is the quality of bead - you can focus all your efforts on looks and installation. Until you have run one, it is difficult to explain.

Reply to
DanG

epinions.com sux big time. Sounds like the reviews were written by English majors, and ONE English major at that, they are all so synonymous.

That is why I come to newsgroups. There are still those who ask like my poor dead Daddy, "Why do you HAVE to do that?", but there are always a couple of BTDT posts that stand out as the roses among the weeds.

I WANT ONE before I go through a case of caulk. If anyone doesn't agree, cope! They're adults.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

kudos, buddy

Reply to
Steve B

My FIL got a new pancake cheap at the pawn shop recently. Should do quite nicely. Put receptacles on the roof for Christmas lights, which will reach the compressor easily. It's cool here, and any caulk will be thick. Should be done in time for my snack and nap.

Steve ;-)

Reply to
Steve B

It's better to demonstrate that one has done minimal research. At the very least, learn the brands and popular models and features. Then you might be able to post something intelligent such as "my price range is..." "I see models have feature X, this one has Y, I'm a left handed psychopath missing three fingers and a foot, is that important?"

Here's some news: peoples needs differ and what might be ideal for one person might not be for others. Being told that a particular model costing ten thousand dollars is great could be avoided by simply learning the field and posting some requirements.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

The term you are searching for is 'requirements definition'. That is something end users are seldom capable of creating without being led by the hand. Last time I visited my father, he and his business associate were discussing and complaining about one of the doctor's wives that could not make up her mind as to what she needed/wanted in the house design they were doing for her. I started laughing, and they stared at me until I explained that it was almost exactly the same situation I faced on a regular basis in the computer and software world. The customer wants SOMETHING, but they are rather fuzzy on exactly WHAT they want....

Reply to
aemeijers