Keeprite performance

Hi Can anyone advice on performance of 50K BTU unit from Keeprite. Before I will say yes to proceed I want to make sure , I am investing for the best. Quotation is CAN $7500/ 1250 Sq.Ft house.

Reply to
Bhaiyyah

dunno, I can't see it through the computer screen, and my crystal ball is broke

Reply to
Noon-Air

It will be as good as the installer.

Bad installer = bad performance. Good installer = good performance. Excellent installer = excellent performance.

So, are you hiring a hack or a professional?

Reply to
<kjpro

Is that like the *Best - Better - Good* sales pitch? ;)

Reply to
Zyp

I can do it right, or do it right, OR you can hire a hack. :-)

Reply to
<kjpro
7500 canadian for a 50.000 btu? you dont say if its 80 or 90 % whats the excchange rate right now for usd to canadian ?

Bhaiyyah wrote:

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

ok, never mind , just found a site , thats about 7150.00 usd, lot of f***in money for a 50,000 btu furnace , ive been installing 50.000 80% for around 1500, to 1700 usd depending on the job

id do some sh>7500 canadian for a 50.000 btu? you dont say if its 80 or 90 %

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

looks like an icp to me , no way worth 7 grand, even in canada

somebodys trying to send your kid to college off of you

snipped-for-privacy@->ok, never mind , just found a site , thats about 7150.00 usd,

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

Are you talking about A/C or Heating?

Just check their warranty and see if it is the same as the other manufactures.

If you are buying their best then it should be worth it. I do not care who makes the equipment, I have found that they are all OK when yopu buy their best equipment.

Reply to
Moe Jones

Hi, You did not give model no. Better stick with brand name such as Trane, Carrier, lenox. For that money you can have a/c and furnace for that size house. If you choose high efficiency stuff you can get some rebate from government as well. Tony Calgary, Carrier a/c, furnace for my house.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

What an idiot... UT owns Carrier and ICP (KeepRite). Either one will do just fine, if it&#39;s properly sized, installed and set-up to operate with-in the manufacture&#39;s specifications!

Now get a clue!

Reply to
<kjpro

That price included installation of furnace; A/C; coil & condenser; and duct work, too. Tomorrow I have to pay him in advance prior to supply of major equipment to our house. I think the technician alreadu\\y have some in stock; I am worried how was he able to purchase it during Sat/Sundays. I need to check its model; catalogue; invoices and will post its detail later. He might feel uncomfortable in providing model number on phone. I need to trust him as others asking more then that. I need to finish the work prior to handover it to new tenants by next Saturday. Thanks to all for kind reply. Can anyone give me a simple formula to get BTU requirement for a room size of 15 Sq. M. What are minimum items to be checked upon completion of works. He is providing 3 yrs warranty on parts/furnace.

Reply to
Bhaiyyah

Sounds like you&#39;re about to be loaded like a shotgun!

The standard manufacture&#39;s warranty is 5 yrs (minimum) on *all* parts!

$7500 is pretty cheap for a complete system. If it&#39;s a lot less than the other proposals you received, there is a reason. What isn&#39;t he doing to be able to do it so cheap?

Reply to
<kjpro

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

*NEVER* pay 100% up front..... 60% is ok. If he can&#39;t/won&#39;t give you the specific model numbers on a written quote, show him the door. Its not a matter of *HIS* comfort, its your comfort, and your hard earned money. Don&#39;t pay the balance until *AFTER* the system is installed, started up and inspected by your local mechanical/building code enforcement officials.

There is a simple formula..... Call a *COMPETENT*, licensed, bonded, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician/contractor to install your new system, instead of the lowest bidder.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Hmmm, What an idiot. GM makes Chevy and Caddy. Are they same, Eh? Wonder why they have different warranty and service?!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Yeah, I guess ICP is better afterall.

Reply to
<kjpro

Again thanks to all; High Eff Single Pipe Furnace: PS90-Keeprite

13 Seer builders model condenser & a coil A/C. Genera 1042 continuous flow humidifier Digital Thermostat +MiscAccs 1 yr Warranty on Labor 7 Yrs Warranty on all factory parts on equipment

He has given me Catalogues without invoices. R-22 Split System A/C

90+ 4Position Furnaces 90+Single Stage Cat-IV Furnace
Reply to
Bhaiyyah

PS90 is the leader of the 90% models... it only has a 5 yr warranty on parts, not 7! I assume he&#39;s installing the one pipe system to cut the cost of running combustion piping. The builder condenser only has a 5 yr parts warranty! I&#39;d scrap the Genera humidifier for an Aprilaire. I&#39;d prefer a Honeywell ProVision 8000 stat.

1 yr labor warranty is standard.

Looks like you&#39;ve picked the cheapest equipment with the cheapest installer. Good luck with that... you&#39;ll likely end up with a complete set of headaches that will never end.

Reply to
<kjpro

Are you buying Sears & Hockbux

Reply to