Keeprite performance

Hi Can anyone advice on performance of 50K BTU unit from Keeprite. Before I will say yes to proceed I want to make sure , I am investing for the best. Quotation is CAN $7500/ 1250 Sq.Ft house.
dunno, I can't see it through the computer screen, and my crystal ball is broke

It will be as good as the installer.
Bad installer = bad performance. Good installer = good performance. Excellent installer = excellent performance.
So, are you hiring a hack or a professional?
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Is that like the *Best - Better - Good* sales pitch? ;)
--
Zyp

I can do it right, or do it right, OR you can hire a hack. :-)
Zyp wrote:

7500 canadian for a 50.000 btu? you dont say if its 80 or 90 % whats the excchange rate right now for usd to canadian ?

ok, never mind , just found a site , thats about 7150.00 usd, lot of fuckin money for a 50,000 btu furnace , ive been installing 50.000 80% for around 1500, to 1700 usd depending on the job
id do some shopping around
snipped-for-privacy@-insightbb.com (The Freon Cowboy) wrote:

looks like an icp to me , no way worth 7 grand, even in canada
http://www.keeprite.com/products/vs80.html
somebodys trying to send your kid to college off of you
snipped-for-privacy@-insightbb.com (The Freon Cowboy) wrote:

Bhaiyyah wrote:

Are you talking about A/C or Heating?
Just check their warranty and see if it is the same as the other manufactures.
If you are buying their best then it should be worth it. I do not care who makes the equipment, I have found that they are all OK when yopu buy their best equipment.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
Bhaiyyah wrote:

You did not give model no. Better stick with brand name such as Trane, Carrier, lenox. For that money you can have a/c and furnace for that size house. If you choose high efficiency stuff you can get some rebate from government as well. Tony Calgary, Carrier a/c, furnace for my house.

What an idiot... UT owns Carrier and ICP (KeepRite). Either one will do just fine, if it's properly sized, installed and set-up to operate with-in the manufacture's specifications!
Now get a clue!
That price included installation of furnace; A/C; coil & condenser; and duct work, too. Tomorrow I have to pay him in advance prior to supply of major equipment to our house. I think the technician alreadu\\y have some in stock; I am worried how was he able to purchase it during Sat/Sundays. I need to check its model; catalogue; invoices and will post its detail later. He might feel uncomfortable in providing model number on phone. I need to trust him as others asking more then that. I need to finish the work prior to handover it to new tenants by next Saturday. Thanks to all for kind reply. Can anyone give me a simple formula to get BTU requirement for a room size of 15 Sq. M. What are minimum items to be checked upon completion of works. He is providing 3 yrs warranty on parts/furnace.

Sounds like you're about to be loaded like a shotgun!
The standard manufacture's warranty is 5 yrs (minimum) on *all* parts!
$7500 is pretty cheap for a complete system. If it's a lot less than the other proposals you received, there is a reason. What isn't he doing to be able to do it so cheap?
ahh, well now the plot thickens a bit , that changes the whole complexion, thats cheap for what youre getting , your original post lent the impression that you were just getting a furnace.

*NEVER* pay 100% up front..... 60% is ok. If he can't/won't give you the specific model numbers on a written quote, show him the door. Its not a matter of *HIS* comfort, its your comfort, and your hard earned money. Don't pay the balance until *AFTER* the system is installed, started up and inspected by your local mechanical/building code enforcement officials.
There is a simple formula..... Call a *COMPETENT*, licensed, bonded, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician/contractor to install your new system, instead of the lowest bidder.
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

What an idiot. GM makes Chevy and Caddy. Are they same, Eh? Wonder why they have different warranty and service?!

Yeah, I guess ICP is better afterall.
Again thanks to all; High Eff Single Pipe Furnace: PS90-Keeprite 13 Seer builders model condenser & a coil A/C. Genera 1042 continuous flow humidifier Digital Thermostat +MiscAccs 1 yr Warranty on Labor 7 Yrs Warranty on all factory parts on equipment
He has given me Catalogues without invoices. R-22 Split System A/C 90+ 4Position Furnaces 90+Single Stage Cat-IV Furnace

PS90 is the leader of the 90% models... it only has a 5 yr warranty on parts, not 7! I assume he's installing the one pipe system to cut the cost of running combustion piping. The builder condenser only has a 5 yr parts warranty! I'd scrap the Genera humidifier for an Aprilaire. I'd prefer a Honeywell ProVision 8000 stat. 1 yr labor warranty is standard.
Looks like you've picked the cheapest equipment with the cheapest installer. Good luck with that... you'll likely end up with a complete set of headaches that will never end.