1 Ton Split

Quick search shows that most major manufacturers offer resi units only down to 1-1/2 ton.

Not that I would strongly recommend, but...

Possibly could match up the outdoor section from a mini up to a larger ahu....reduce refrigerant mass flow through the metering device ( if fixed ) and also you'd need to insure proper airflow so as to insure effective dehumidification.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

personally I think it's fantastic when you get a customer with more money than brains. so sell him a 1.5 ton split air handler & condenser, then pull the oem compressor and install a 12,000 btu compressor.

or maybe you can persuade Carrier to build a one ton split just for you.

Reply to
gofish

American-Standard......and when you do the air handler, use a 18,000 BTU A/H with a 12,000 orifice....it will help the SEER

Reply to
daytona°

Anyone know who might sell a 1 ton air handler/condenser ?

Tried to talk him into a mini-split but he's adamant.

Any help appreciated.

B-

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

American-Standard... and the A/H use a 12,000 orifice in the 18,000 BTU A/H

Reply to
daytona°

This will also help the SEER....

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

I believe that

makes a 1 ton water source OR geothermal unit. I even think they go down to .5 Ton. I can't imagine it taking too much loop or water to cool the condenser, it also would cost the least to operate.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

I ran into a former co-worker at a supply house last summer (he now has his own company) and he asked me the very same question. He had a customer who wanted some 1 ton split systems, but did not want mini splits. I told him Trane was the ony one I knew of that ever made one, and he told me that they were no longer available, and speculated that they ended with the 13 SEER. Can't really blame them for not spending the money to retool to make a unit for such a small share of the market. Years ago, I had the chance to get a brand new Trane one ton c/u for $50, but couldn't think of what I would ever do with it. I kick myself now, as I have a use for one at my own house. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

We could all kick you if it would make you feel better? :-) Im first! Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Should we start a "kick-Larry" list? :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

Let&#39;s keep this HVAC or you will be reported.

Reply to
Da Cable Guy

Smash it a bit with vise-grips...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

I ran this by my tech guy at AS. he told me that they USED to make a 1 ton unit up until the 13 SEER thing and that they USED to have you use a 1 ton condenser w/ a 1.5 AH using the 12,000 BTU orifice. Now, they no longer make or have any 1 ton condensers.

They also don&#39;t make or have a 12,000 BTU orifice.

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

Reported or Deported? LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

Is he one of them alieans?

Reply to
Lamey AKA Cyote

CROOK!

So not only are you incompetent but you relish cheating customers out of their money? Then you wonder why people (like me) want to either fix it ourselves or at least diagnose the problem so that we don&#39;t get scammed by the likes of you...

Reply to
blueman

"or at least diagnose the problem"

Are you not competent enough to then fix/repair/replace the problem after that?

You amuse me with your dribble... it&#39;s so stupid it&#39;s funny. LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

Depends. I don&#39;t like to play with gas lines and there are things that may not be worthwhile for me to fix. You see, I have nothing against hiring professionals -- in fact, economically, I would be a lot better off working a couple of extra minutes in my work and hiring a tech but you see, some of us actually get pleasure from figuring out how things work, diagnosing problems, and fixing them...

Good, so we are providing each other with mutual amusement. Plus, I thought you were putting me in your kill file :)

Reply to
blueman

I think there was a discussion about a year ago on here about a special tool that smashes the cap tubes with a vice grips to fine-tune the anticipator...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives