propagating sedums over winter

I have had considerable success at propagating stonecrop by cuttings. I am currently waiting for a landscaping company to come in and do some heavy boulder-moving. After they leave, I hope to have enough time to landscape around them before the soil freezes up, which according to the current long-term forecast may not be for a week or two yet here in Eastern Ontario.
The sedums that I will be using as source plants have now gone dormant of course, but I am wondering if I take the cuttings now and stick them in, will they over-winter OK or should I wait until next spring?
take cuttings and let them dry for a day or two and then tuck them in the soil. They'll surprise you next spring.......(make sure they dry to callous first for success in rooting, and use rooting powder to help push them to root after they've dried) madgardener who has increased leggy sedums like Matrona and Autumn Joy and Raspberry the same way
--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.

Ontario.
I have stuck pieces in the ground and had new plants the next spring. I figure - if it is between the compost heap or sticking a cutting in the dirt - well, why not? It will either grow or it won't. And many things do grow.
I don't think I'd try to dig up a plant and divide it too late in the season, but if it is a plant that dies back and some pieces of it are still viable... give it a try. Not like this costs you anything.
Cereus-validus... wrote:

Many times i pull out various suculets/sedums like jade, Autumn Joy, packisandra (sp), cactuses, and many other plants and toss pieces in compost pile or some that ended up in the leaves at the side of the driveway and next thing I know they are growing. this happens mostly when i do not pticularly want them to grow in that location <G> If i *wanted* them to propagate.. nuh-uh! leo/lee
You make no sense Leon.
Pachysandra is not a succulent.
If the next thing you knew they were growing, were you in a come in the mean time?
If you can grow cactus from leaves, then they must not be cactus.